P3P Video No Signal/Not updating to 1.3.20/RC Not updating

same drama here with brand new P3 Pro - essentially bricked thanks to this "update".

been told the same thing by retailer "send it back".

so great - so bad = zero net value

Can you take a quick look at your little fan on the gimbal next to the SD card and tell me if its black or the silver kind and does it work when you turn on the Phantom?

My dealers tech support says I'm going to have to send it to DJI for repair. Hopefully warranty will cover it.
Aperry, anny update on your repair yet? I would be verry interested in what the actual problem was so I (and others) might be able to fix the problem. I have no clue what to look for to solve this issue.

Make sure your batteries are over 50%!!!
Format the card as Fat32.
Make sure you download the correct firmware.
Turn the phantom on and wait 5-10 minutes for the beeps. When the beeps start, wait another 20minutes or so.
When done, reboot..
For the remote, make sure the remote controller batteries are over 50%. Leave the SD card in the phantom and use the GIMBAL as the sd card reader.

Have a read.. Not sure if its going to help...

http://forum.dji.com/thread-28689-1-1.html

GL 300A:Please try to update GL300A remote controllers by using a USB drive/ SD card adapter or connecting the aircraft gimble port with the controller via a USB cable. If you fail updating with these two methods, please connect your controller with your app (meanwhile keep the aircraft off and keep your mobile device connected with the Internet), then turn on your app, go to camera-aircraft status, download and install the firmware and the remote controller will be updated (More than 15 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

GL300B:
Remote controllers whose model type is GL300B can only be updated on your app, however, according to the survey, the updates failed in the following three conditions:

First, The remote controller turns off automatically, then the first led light on it turns cyan. And when you connect your remote controller with your mobile device again, the app says no signal, and there’s no notification that says the remote controller needs to be updated.
Solution: It’s possibly because the 1765 module on the remote controller fails updating. So please press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO, meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go), then turn on the app and you’ll be able to download the firmware again and please follow the steps on the app and the remote controller will hence be updated. (More than 10 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

Second, the app fails updating the remote controller and the first led light turns red.
Solution: please update on your app again. (More than 2 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

Third, the remote controller won’t update any ways.
Solution: the 1.2.0 Android app has this bug that no matter your firmware is latest or not, the app will ask you to update the remote controller. The new DJI GO Android app will solve this bug. (Many more remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

Just got an email from dji that the right landing gear was damaged and has been replaced. Phantom has been updated, test flown and is fully functional.

I shipped it to the repair facility on Friday. It was checked in Monday and I've got an answer today. MUCH faster than I was expecting!

I had this same issue, the update never initiates on the P3A. When I booted it up after trying the firmware update I got "No Signal", no live video feed. Thankfully this was a 5 day old device so I am waiting on an exchange.

I have almost the same problem with an advanced (less than a month old)..I get green blinking light on the gimble
and the d---d-d sound almost immediately (indicating successful update) but not updated
and no success file on sd card.
It started with the auto update on the ipad air2 from dji pilot app to dji go app ...quad seems to connect to controller as motors can be spun up but no video and the app says
no connection at top of screen.will advise if I find a solution.
...Same problem here...P3A... down for more than 2 weeks

Got my bird back from dji yesterday and saw that the camera has been replaced (took a pic of the SN before I shipped) . Not sure why the email said they replaced the right landing gear. Updated the firmware on the batteries and everything was fine on my test flight.

All in all, not a bad experience with dji customer support. Less than two weeks without the bird. I was told to expect 8 weeks.

Reactions: III% Streve
Steve. Sry having problems with this forum... Back now. p3a still out of service. When I spool up the A/c, after 1-2 seconds the camera jerks and main led's go to yellow fast blink. Same da-dada audible and intermittent green blinking gamble light.

I have put the formatted sad card w bin file in gimble. Now I plugged the USB cord from a/c to r/c... Getting different beeps... How long should I let sit?
It could take as much at 30 minutes potentially... your case has a lot of updating to do. Just let it sit until it gets a constant green, or green blinking (cant remember which) on the gimble.

I pretty much have the exact same problem ! Go to my post about it this week , I still have the problem.

Hey, I've had the same problem. Won't update to v1.4.0. No D-D-D, red/green flashes. I leave sd card in gimbal for at least an hour, reformatted card, tried several sd cards, followed update instructions.

Videopro, had to send mine in for repair. They replaced the camera/gimbal under warranty. Had it back within 2 weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers