P3P Video No Signal/Not updating to 1.3.20/RC Not updating

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been working on this issue for the last 24 hours, have spoken with some terrible customer service reps @ DJI both online and on the phone - to no avail.

I flew 48 hours ago with no issues. Yesterday I tried to send my bird up and lost video signal after about 3 seconds. After looking online, I saw there was a new firmware upgrade, and thought this would be the best fix.

I've downloaded the new app, I DLed the new firmware, and when trying to update the phantom via SD card to gimbal...IT WON'T UPGRADE! I've upgraded my firmware each time, I am familiar with the process, and did everything properly. I've checked the ribbon cables and they seem to be fine.

The Gimbal LEDs do not flash red/green...and there's no beeping noise. I've let it run for 50 minutes just in case and it doesn't work. On top of that...the RC will not upgrade with a usb stick OR by connecting to the gimbal...

I've tried reformatting, trying 4-5 different SD cards, re-downloading the app, re downloading the firmware...

I've even tried going back down to the previous firmware, the bird WILL NOT UPDATE!

PLEASE HELP! I'm on a trip on am island visiting friends and I can't fly my p3! I want to get this bird back in the air! DJI is being unresponsive!

Also, it is not generating a .txt file on the SD card like it normally would...

Sorry my first message on the forum is a complaint, but I appreciate any help you can provide as I'm out of the country and have already wasted $50 trying to call DJI from my international sim card.

I would try again this way:
- buy a new 16 gb fast good micro sd card
- download the latest firmware for YOUR phantom model (double check it)
- use winrar to open the file... unzip with windows to the root of the new microsd
- don't put ANY other file in the sd ( like instructions on how to update ecc..nothing)
- insert sd in the phantom and turn it on after checking to have a good battery life at least 75%

... may the force be with you

Reactions: jryser and 504UAS
Thank you very much -

Why would the LED lights on the gimbal not turn on though? I've tried to use 4-5 different SD cards...all phantom 3 pro compatible...all re-formatted.

I've tried putting the .bin in the root file, and followed all the directions of the previous firmware installs. Like I said, I've updated firmware 4-5 times, and i've gone through the pains of learning how to do it, what sounds to listen for..

I don't hear ANY sound other than a slight clicking..

I've noticed a lot of people are having issues after 10-20 seconds the gimbal controls no longer work.

Sounds like it's not recognizing the firmware file and is just doing it's normal startup routine. Make sure you have the right firmware downloaded, make sure there is nothing else on the sd card. Even if you think you have the right file, go get it again and start over.

I will be sure to format to FAT32 again and report back. I've tried everything...

Nothing is on the SD card, I've reformatted several times in exFAT; re-downloaded...I've tried a lot of different things.

The GIMBAL LED status light is not lighting up - does this indicate anything?

I made a video, but it is too large to upload from the remote destination i am in and trying desperately to film! I only get .1mb/s upload speed! Oy! Please help! DJI is not responding!

I wonder if there's something off in the MAC .bin file. Do you have a way to do it on a windows computer?

Sent from my PT beating heart

I've upgraded 4 times on a mac before. Shouldn't be the issue.... i wonder why my camera is not live feeding anymore and just 'droops' after a few seconds.

valiant effort - no dice. DJI app says 3 things:

firmware update needed
RC updated needed but also
Camera Update needed. <----- is this normal?

Here is my experience:
1. ONLY file .bin on SD card, leave the aircraft alone, go away for a cup of coffee for at least 25 minutes then come back to check it out ( I set 25 minutes timer on my iPhone, don't worry any signal light or sound.
2.When up date RC, make sure only .bin file on SD card again, delete any .txt file etc...
3. Be patient and do step 1. and 2. above 3 times or until it work, that what I did and with a little praying, finally i can fly now, instead send unit back to DJI for repair.
Hope this help

I very much appreciate the help. The bird does not update even with following through with your recommendations. I have updated firmware in the past, so I am familiar with the process. The drone no longer has a live video feed to the iPad, and the gimbal does not blink. No updating noises, no .txt file to tell me it failed.

HELP SOMEONE! DJI is not responding to me or taking my phone calls.

I very much appreciate the help. The bird does not update even with following through with your recommendations. I have updated firmware in the past, so I am familiar with the process. The drone no longer has a live video feed to the iPad, and the gimbal does not blink. No updating noises, no .txt file to tell me it failed.

HELP SOMEONE! DJI is not responding to me or taking my phone calls.

I have almost the same problem with an advanced (less than a month old)..I get green blinking light on the gimble
and the d---d-d sound almost immediately (indicating successful update) but not updated
and no success file on sd card.
It started with the auto update on the ipad air2 from dji pilot app to dji go app ...quad seems to connect to controller as motors can be spun up but no video and the app says
no connection at top of screen.will advise if I find a solution.

buy a new 16 gb fast good micro sd card and do again the firmware update.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31