P3P video lag :( latest firmware 1.3.2, dji pilot go

Reaction score
Hey guys,

so I did the update and noticed that the VPS was fixed and everything seemed fine until I took her out to shoot some video today. The video delay/lag was so bad I could barely use the screen, I just flew by watching the P3 instead hoping my camera work looked fine.

There's a second or 2 delay between what's happening in real life and what's being shown on the screen. Enough lag that it can lead to a nice crash if you're not careful and impossible to do proper video work. I also found there was quite a bit of pixelation on the screen as well and the image kept refreshing itself.

Has anyone seen this with the firmware and are there any suggestions on what I can try to fix this?

Again, I'm using the latest P3P fw, 1.3.2, the latest pilot go app on the Ipad mini 2.

Ipad was set to airplane mode. The P3 had the lag from 10' away up to 200' or so that I tried to test it with. I tried 2 different locations with the same problem. I've recalibrated everything since the last update.

What about ur iPad? Clear cashes, do a hard restart?

Sent from my PT beating heart

Hey guys,

so I did the update and noticed that the VPS was fixed and everything seemed fine until I took her out to shoot some video today. The video delay/lag was so bad I could barely use the screen, I just flew by watching the P3 instead hoping my camera work looked fine.

There's a second or 2 delay between what's happening in real life and what's being shown on the screen. Enough lag that it can lead to a nice crash if you're not careful and impossible to do proper video work. I also found there was quite a bit of pixelation on the screen as well and the image kept refreshing itself.

Has anyone seen this with the firmware and are there any suggestions on what I can try to fix this?

Again, I'm using the latest P3P fw, 1.3.2, the latest pilot go app on the Ipad mini 2.

Ipad was set to airplane mode. The P3 had the lag from 10' away up to 200' or so that I tried to test it with. I tried 2 different locations with the same problem. I've recalibrated everything since the last update.
You're in Canada, right? Not likely, but was it hot in your area today?
Did you check your settings after installing the new app? For example, do you have hardware acceleration enabled?

You're in Canada, right? Not likely, but was it hot in your area today?
Did you check your settings after installing the new app? For example, do you have hardware acceleration enabled?

Hardware acceleration is on. No, not hot, around 75 degrees here today.

I had similar issue.. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI GO app and turned on the hardware acceleration. It seemed to have fix the problem. Strangely, the problem seems most prominent when the phantom is directly next to the controller. If I fly it a bit further away, it's smooth again.

I had similar issue.. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI GO app and turned on the hardware acceleration. It seemed to have fix the problem. Strangely, the problem seems most prominent when the phantom is directly next to the controller. If I fly it a bit further away, it's smooth again.

cool, I'll try reinstalling and see if it helps.

I had the same issues today too. At about 20ft from where I was standing, suddenly I got a very bad lag and a lot of "pixelization" that I could only fly the bird at view as the screen of my iPad was absolutely unreadable. Updating to new FW and DJI GO the day of release and this was my 3rd flight. Maybe it is not the perfect FW we have been waiting after all...

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the # of channels now showing up on the app (I haven't tried the hack I've seen people talking about) or even something to do with the revised version of the remote (mine is the original 'A' version)

It seems like they're pushing out new firmware that fixes one problem with one version of the P3 but creates new issues with 'older' models. If this is the case, they should be replacing the early models to meet the current lineup or have separate firmwares that work with each P3 design. I have no idea why but they're creating more and more problems it seems than just leaving the bloody things alone. I still wish I was on 1.1.8. That was the best firmware yet and probably the best it will ever get the way they're going.

If the above suggestions do not work please Rebind the remote

Hi Blade Strike. What are the other suggestions before rebinding the remote? My TX is the previous A model.

Both of my tx are A as well..

Reinstall the app, do a hard reset on the pad, make sure hardware decode is set to on(toggle it) and make sure you have no external interference.

I had this same issue with my P3A and this latest firmware update. For me the problem was local WiFi interference. I can't say 100% for sure but it seems like the limited chanel range makes the P3 more susceptible to interference from WiFi in residential areas.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I had the same problem but I have also noticed that I lose my video signal at a highly reduced ranged. I would estimate I have lost up to 1200 feet in range I have to fly much closer than in the past. Also I'm losing RC signal sooner. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Hi,

since the new iOS9 update I'm facing lag and video delays randomly on my ipad Mini 2 32gb flying a P3 advanced.
I tried everythig, all the best practices suggested in the forum.
I thought then that the issue was my "old" ipad, so I bought a couple of days ago a new mini 4 64gb cellular. Well, everything good the 1st flight, but then yesterday I had delays again!!!!

This happens mostly when I switch from photo to video mode.
I'm desperate, I can't fly FPV with this delays because is too dangerous, what can I do?
(latest iOS 9.2.1 - latest P3 fw - latest RC fw)
I already tried with:
  • Hardware decode ON/OFF
  • Relink RC
  • Clean installation of DJI go
  • Custom mode channels selection (+32 channels hack)
  • set 4mbs video quality
  • Video cache recording OFF
  • Airplane mode ON
  • all background apps closed
what else can I try?

thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members