P3P Video Issue

Reaction score
Hi all,
Brand new owner 10 flights over the past week. Everything is perfect except I get the odd video that records but when I playback either through the app or putting the card onto my mac I get a paused video. it plays for the first few seconds then you get the same stuck image over the length of the video.

It seems to be the last video I do in that session but I let it sit for a few minute before turning it all off. Has anyone else had the same issue?

Try recording in the other format. This is changed in the settings. Mov or mp4. I'm guessing it's the Codec on your computer. Also, make sure you stop the recording before turning off the drone.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Even if I try to play when the card is in the bird through the iPad while it's still linked it does it. Didn't realise you you could change the format so will give that a go. Thanks ;)

If your computer can't handle a 4k video it'll play the first few secs and then just freeze. Options are to shoot in 1080p which your pc will play fine or upgrade your pc to something newer that can handle 4k

Well I uploaded from the card to you tube and it appears the same there. It's a top of the range Mac book pro. A few month old so I hope so :(

What resolution videos work?
Open YouTube and search for a 4k video (not yours), try and watch it. If it does the same thing it means that your mac can't handle 4k. Then with the same 4k video lower the resolution down to 1080p and see if that works.
Another test is to record a 1080p video and a 4k video for 30 seconds, this can be done inside your house to make a quick test rather than going out to actually fly.
Try watch both videos. If the 1080p works and the 4k doesn't it means it's your mac. If not at least that's ruled out

It worlds for all but the last video if a session. The other ones upload and play and I can watch all other people's as well. Tried again today it it's the last one always. A bit windy to mess around today so will play with it tomorrow in the other video mode.

Think I have sorted it. When I purchased the P3P it came with a 64gig SD card and the one it already comes with. I ditched the smaller one and went with the larger format. I updated the firmware as I had it the same dat V4 came out, thinking it may be a corrupt card I formatted it with my mac, however anything larger than 32gig you cant Fat 32 format, it does exFat instead. Did that, put the firmware back on in case and put it back in, then the bird said i had to update the firmware and the camera - even though it confirmed in the txt file it was the latest.

So deleted, re-tried, delete apps etc, then put the old card back in and its working. So im wondering if its the exFAT format that caused the update issue and the video issue. You can Fat 32 format a large card so looking into that but need 3rd party software. Sticking with the small card until I figure it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31