Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3P video got glitchy then gimbal disconnected (video)

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by bilsy, Jun 18, 2016.

1. bilsy

So i have been using my bird without issue until NOW.

Before this happened i landed it quite hard. Nothing broke but it was definitely a harder than normal landing.

Today i went to take it out and noticed the video feed was slightly glitchy. So i took it outside and only went up about 40m. Hit record on the video and i started getting white lines and purple flashes, it was freezing up and pixelating. I dont know what ive done.

So i landed it because i want to resolve this and now when i turn it on it starts up the camera does its axis tests and then sits idle for about 5 seconds then turns off, i get (no video transmission) and GIMBAL DISCONNECTED!

Theres no physical damage and ive done every calibration, firmware and reset i could think of. Check all nuts and parts. Everything things seems normal.

Has anyone has this? I dont want to buy another camera:(

2. alokbhargava

Please check the grey cables on gimbal. Press the two connectors to check if they are seating in position.

3. bilsy

Yea it looks like it could have a slight tear in the insulation. Ive ordered a new cable set #42. Hopefully this fixes it.