P3P v1.1.9 firmware missed

Reaction score
It appears I have missed the v1.1.9 firmware update. Where would it be available, DJI release notes state "Users are advised to update the firmware version to v1.1.9, otherwise future firmware will not be able to install."?
Thanks for the help.

It appears I have missed the v1.1.9 firmware update. Where would it be available, DJI release notes state "Users are advised to update the firmware version to v1.1.9, otherwise future firmware will not be able to install."?
Thanks for the help.
I don't think it matters. Firmware updates are generally inclusive, so installing the latest should encompass previous ones. However, if you insist on the previous versions, just change the version number in the URL of the current one on the DJI website and it'll download that version. eg,
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Advanced_Firmware_v1.1.9_en.zip

Just make sure you're downloading the one specific to your bird.

I don't think it matters. Firmware updates are generally inclusive, so installing the latest should encompass previous ones. However, if you insist on the previous versions, just change the version number in the URL of the current one on the DJI website and it'll download that version. eg,
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Advanced_Firmware_v1.1.9_en.zip

I was just thinking of the same in regard to prior updates missed. Mine is still on 1.18 since I got it. Haven't been able to fly it yet...my problem not the P3A's. YOU are very helpful on so many subjects Thank You

Reactions: bbfpv

This may not be the case-- There were instructions from DJI saying that the firmware in the aircraft should be the last known version before updating to the current release version. I think there are even posts on this forum and on youtube videos regarding this very issue. I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know for sure.

This may not be the case-- There were instructions from DJI saying that the firmware in the aircraft should be the last known version before updating to the current release version. I think there are even posts on this forum and on youtube videos regarding this very issue. I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know for sure.
I'm 99% certain @blade strike and/or @Tahoe Ed said you don't have to update incrementally on the rcgroups forum. Kind of makes sense if you think about it. It's firmware for the onboard hardware. How could you write code that updates one part of the bird, but leave that updated code out of the next update? It would overwrite what was previously updated.

Reactions: bobmyers
Correct..

So that statement was incorrect -- thanks!:)

As a follow up, could those that have updated to the new version, go back and reinstall the older version??

As a follow up, could those that have updated to the new version, go back and reinstall the older version??
In theory, yes, but since there's a version checker in place that runs prior to the update process beginning, no. At least not until we find a way to factory reset the bird.

Reactions: blade strike
In theory, yes, but since there's a version checker in place that runs prior to the update process beginning, no. At least not until we find a way to factory reset the bird.
Thanks again-- you are always very helpful in your posts

Cheers

Reactions: bbfpv
Bob

I can see where people can think this though. The release notes did have that comment about future updates.

Bob

I can see where people can think this though. The release notes did have that comment about future updates.
Yes, there were even comments made by a couple of youtube contributors that stated that the previous version of the firmware had to be installed and that updates could not be skipped.... Im not updating to just released version just yet, but I have retained the bin file, just in case.
Thanks!

Yes, there were even comments made by a couple of youtube contributors that stated that the previous version of the firmware had to be installed and that updates could not be skipped.... Im not updating to just released version just yet, but I have retained the bin file, just in case.
Thanks!

Yeah a lot of misinformation on YouTube and Facebook .

I would think (hope) that eventually they will fix it so that you can update the firmware through the app. Before that happens they may have to update the firmware to support that feature. In that case, that one update will be required.

-- Roger

Yeah a lot of misinformation on YouTube and Facebook .
It's simply incredible the amount of flat-out WRONG information out there! One would do well to check the sources wisely. Sometimes you'll even know better yourself!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

It's simply incredible the amount of flat-out WRONG information out there! One would do well to check the sources wisely. Sometimes you'll even know better yourself!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro
The problem is also prevalent with info coming from authorized DJI dealers who should know but are apparently advancing their own theories which may or may not be right.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik