P3P used to help rescue in Brazil

Reaction score
This week there was a barrage rupture near a small city in Brazil´s state of Minas Gerais. As the name implies, the area is rich in iron so there are lots of mining companies around and these barrages are quite common. But when something goes wrong the extension of damage can be catastrophic, as was the case.

A large area was flooded and the mud is still running (sorry for the links in portuguese but it helps to get an idea...):

Bombeiros resgatam 500 pessoas ilhadas após rompimento de barragens em MG - Notícias - Cotidiano
(Firemen rescue 500 people after barrage rupture in MG)

Then today I saw one guy lending his P3P to the rescue team to help search for survivors and assess the damage. They are already using copters but these are too noisy, too heavy (can´t get close enough), too expensive and can interfere and disturb the place, so they expect the high-res images and live streaming of the P3 can help a lot at this stage:

Empresário cede drone para procura de sobreviventes em Mariana - Notícias - Cotidiano
(Enterpreneur lends drone to search for survivors in Mariana´s accident)

Although the situation is bad, this is a positive example of the P3 being put to good use. I hope it does help, will keep you posted.

Reactions: ObiDon
My apologies for posting in the wrong forum, and thanks for moving it to the right place.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.