p3p suddenly became difficult to control crashed into some low trees

Reaction score
i noticed my cell number 1 dropped into the red. is that why??? is my battery toast??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 3.56.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 3.56.29 PM.png
    170 KB · Views: 552
  • Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 3.56.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 3.56.29 PM.png
    170 KB · Views: 546
Very unfortunate.

it only fell about 5' and appears to be fine. little branches and brush broke the fall, but should i be worried about my battery?? i was testing that vertical app. control has to be in f mode. was the app responsible for the sudden loss of control or the battery?? any help would be greatly appreciated. iam fairly new to this drone thing.

i noticed my cell number 1 dropped into the red. is that why??? is my battery toast??
Not necessarily.
Note the text in bold which says: Please note that normal batteries can have a few of these.
You mention that your Phantom became difficult to control but don't give details.
A bad battery might make your Phantom fall downwards but it won't make it fly where you don't want it to.
Post the link to the HealthyDrones analysis and explain a little more exactly what happened.

Hard to know based on the screen shots, as said above variations between cells while reported dont of themselves suggest faulure in flight. It is usually a heads up to keep an eye on the battery (it may be likely to fail or give reduced performance). In any case at the reported voltage the low cell shouldt not have triggered a low voltage shut down.

Did you switch out of F mode when you noticed things werent going as expected.

If not you have at least partially contributed to the outcome. As soon as you switch out of F you should be able to control the aircraft and hopefully avoid a collision.

Good news no major damage.

I would find a more open space to practice using the app, at least untill you are comfortable with its performance.

A single .08v variance is not going to cause loss of control. Nor is it a sign of a bad battery.

during that flight everything seemed fine. i got a couple prop propulsion errors because my battery was low when i was on my way back to take off zone. where i landed and took off again (which i prob shouldn't have) to try the vertical app where controller needs to be set into f mode and seconds later it just seemed to have a mind of its own and ended up in the bushes. but i was mistaken sorry it was on this little flight where i crashed.HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Likely ground effects and GPS/VPS.

I have had mine get squirrelly coming off the openness of the lake and into shoreline with adjacent trees(GPS reception interference) and 4-5 foot off the ground(ground effect/propwash and help from VPS).

It seemed to be controlled by something else while it gained/lost GPS/reacted from propwash vortices and had VPS attempting to position it.

Hard to know based on the screen shots, as said above variations between cells while reported dont of themselves suggest faulure in flight. It is usually a heads up to keep an eye on the battery (it may be likely to fail or give reduced performance). In any case at the reported voltage the low cell shouldt not have triggered a low voltage shut down.

Did you switch out of F mode when you noticed things werent going as expected.

If not you have at least partially contributed to the outcome. As soon as you switch out of F you should be able to control the aircraft and hopefully avoid a collision.

Good news no major damage.

I would find a more open space to practice using the app, at least untill you are comfortable with its performance.

And no I didn't get a chance to switch it out of f mode and back to P mode. As soon as it started heading towards the trees, I immediately tried fighting it there was no time to switch back it was within seconds that I was in the trees.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

As mentioned above battery isnt the issue here. Particularily having regard to the additional facts you have provided.

You engaged a verical studio mission at 22% battery level. You could have expected this outcome unfortunately.

As an observation commencimg a mission in F mode allowing the app to fly from the takeoff point can introduce additional risks also, manual take off and fly out prior to execution, particulatily in areas with trees and other obstructions is a good idea. Additionally manual take off allows you to evaluate aircraft performance (response to manual stick commands) prior to handing over to app). Good chance it wouod have saved you on this occasion.

I'n not expert.

But the wind was almost 35 miles per hour on your way back. I think the bird was fighting the wind and that's why you ended up with the stress on the battery. It did not shut down though. The logs don't show it but is it possible you lost GPS and it drifted? I don't think the battery was the culprit though. If it were it would have not drifted at all it would have dropped like a brick after the shutdown. I think it is more likely that you lost GPS and the AC drifted.

As mentioned above battery isnt the issue here. Particularily having regard to the additional facts you have provided.

You engaged a verical studio mission at 22% battery level. You could have expected this outcome unfortunately.

As an observation commencimg a mission in F mode allowing the app to fly from the takeoff point can introduce additional risks also, manual take off and fly out prior to execution, particulatily in areas with trees and other obstructions is a good idea. Additionally manual take off allows you to evaluate aircraft performance (response to manual stick commands) prior to handing over to app). Good chance it wouod have saved you on this occasion.

i did take off manually i always do

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl