p3p speed

P3P max speed 16 m/s = 57.6 km/h = 35.8 mph.

Max ascent speed 5 m/s = 18 km/h = 11.2 mph.

Max descent speed 3 m/s = 10.8 km/h = 6.7 mph.

Less with prop guards.

I think that speed is just flying in GPS mode. I regularly hit 40 with my P3S in atti mode.
Prop guards act nicely as wind catchers so if you fly downwind you can probably reach higher speeds. My max is 52 flying downwind

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

what max speed can I expect on my new p3p with prop guards on
What dg8882 said. In atti mode i've hit over 40 at one point another when flying but this could have been due to wind giving it a boost. I've see only 37 at most in GPS mode. Prop guards will slow it down a bit as well.

Ditch the prop guards.
In atti have got about 70km/h

Hi Robin
for the last 2 years I've been using prop guards (clip on's) and quite happy to do so, I feel so much happier when I hand catch with them on, I've tried without guards and you have to be so much more careful catching especially if it's gusty. that is one reason I use them the other is the p3p is easier to see at a greater distance
I just wondered how much they slow you down if your going full pelt, not that I think I've ever done yet, I suppose when I get my shield K1 back (it's on a RMA at the moment) I'll try with the guards on and go flat out then read the results afterwards to see how fast it went

Matti
P3P max speed 16 m/s = 57.6 km/h = 35.8 mph.
Max ascent speed 5 m/s = 18 km/h = 11.2 mph.
Max descent speed 3 m/s = 10.8 km/h = 6.7 mph.

I knew all this but just wondered if anybody knew an answer to my question, but thanks anyway

I can understand the need for prop guards when flying indoors or when a novice but beyond that they add extra weight, drag and instability.

Dont get me started on hand catching :)

[QUOTE="robinb, post: 881913, .

Dont get me started on hand catching :)[/QUOTE]

well you can't leave it like that Robin, do you or do you not hand catch?
I always do:cool:

just got my new shield K1 on a RMA works well, just spent a couple of hours setting it up ready to have a fly tomorrow if the weather if half decent
ray

I have never used prop guards since my first flight and have yet to crash. I hand catch every flight that i can't land on flat surface

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl