P3p signal loss

Reaction score
Signal loss. Hi.
Start up flying no problem. As bird flew over school campus (no students ), the video feed was extremely choppy and pixelated. The mc flashed red with loss of signal warning. I panicked and brought it back with problems. Control was great but video was terrible. It was suggested that the school's wifi might have caused the poor video feed. The campus is blanketed with wifi antennas. I landed and tried again with the same result. Again... no loss of control, but a loss signal warning and choppy video.
Any ideas? Ty

Signal loss. Hi.
Start up flying no problem. As bird flew over school campus (no students ), the video feed was extremely choppy and pixelated. The mc flashed red with loss of signal warning. I panicked and brought it back with problems. Control was great but video was terrible. It was suggested that the school's wifi might have caused the poor video feed. The campus is blanketed with wifi antennas. I landed and tried again with the same result. Again... no loss of control, but a loss signal warning and choppy video.
Any ideas? Ty
A weak signal results in choppy and pixelated video.. Biggest cause in my experience is the heat building up in the tablet. Symptoms you describe exactly. If heat is not an issue, then interference is probably the culprit.
What does the recorded video on the SD card look like when placed on a computer and played back ?

While it does sound like tablet overheat, it can also be explained by signal interference, as I believe the lightbridge encodes the video signal in the 2.4 GHz transmitted by the controller and then is decoded by usb to the app on the tablet. I'm not sure if others could verify but I bet HDMI would be even worse in these situations with local wifi interference.

Fly elsewhere. An area blanketed in wifi is sure to screw with the lightbridge.

thx for the replies! the video looks choppy just as it does when i recorded it.
might try to cool the tablet. its a nexus 7 2013 but haven't had this problem before. even though it loss signal, i had video feed just very choppy and pixelated. thx again.
might try a screen record

thx for the replies! the video looks choppy just as it does when i recorded it.
might try to cool the tablet. its a nexus 7 2013 but haven't had this problem before. even though it loss signal, i had video feed just very choppy and pixelated. thx again.
might try a screen record
get in your vehicle, turn on the ac and do one flight in the vehicle-- if you are parked higher than the line that you fly-- you should be able to get around 3000 ft pretty easily. That will be a good test for the nexus to see if it is overheating. I fly mine all the time from inside the vehicle with the ac running-- if I am filming or shooting under 2500 ft. Using IPAD Air 3, and it will overheat in the direct sunlight. If you have good altitude, the vehicle does on affect the LOS or signal until it reaches about 2500 to 3000 feet in my case then it may be your tablet overheating. No signal loss due to heat for sure when I an next to the AC -- sharp, clean and no noticeable lag.

If you start losing signal when the tablet is cool, then there is interference.

My iPad has overheated in 95F weather several times, in less time than it takes to fly off one battery.
yes it will-- gotta keep them cool-- if you are in good shade or in your vehicle with the ac-- no issues-- the direct sun is an IPAD Killer or probably any tablet. It is going to heat a little with the processors running -- at that to the sun heat and its done.

thanks to all who offered good advice about the signal loss. i tried inside the car as i am in central america. same problem. but...! i changed the sd card and flew with no problems. i didnt pay much attention to which card i used until i was up and flying. i will run an experiment and see if it is indeed sd card related. funny because have used same card before without a problem. thx again to all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers