P3P Shell cracked while flying !

I'm confused because these are "ball driver screwdrivers"

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yes, they are hex drivers with a ball tip. They are designed that way so the tip can get a better grip on the screw head as you are twisting the screwdriver. Because your hand tends to not be 100% perpendicular to the screw, which with hex screws, will round them off.

So i just had a chat with DJI support.
They couldn´t give me an explanation on why it happened. They didn´t sound like they knew anything about more shell versions. I was just told that it was out of warranty, and that i could order a new one from their shop. I was suggested to contact the EU department by email, as they might have different policies in my area.
I think i´ll just forget about it, and order a new shell myself.
Customer service is very important to me. I might invest in something else than DJI next time.

You probably have the old shell with no extra reinforcement. I can see your location is Denmark, and you should be able to claim warranty (reklamasjon) for two (2) years. This consumer law should superseed any warranty DJI may try to give you (if bought locally). If you didn't buy directly from DJI, you should try to claim warranty from your vendor. Did you buy directly from DJI, you may have bigger issues with claiming warranty beyond what's DJI is offering.

Best to loosen screws when you first get your bird as the these can cause cracks even with normal use

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, they are hex drivers with a ball tip. They are designed that way so the tip can get a better grip on the screw head as you are twisting the screwdriver. Because your hand tends to not be 100% perpendicular to the screw, which with hex screws, will round them off.

That's not why they are made with a ball end. You actually have more of a chance rounding out the hex screw using a ball end than a standard hex driver. The ball end has less contact surface and therefore has more of a chance of rounding off. They are made rounded so that you are able to get to some hard to reach hex screws at different angles.

I would recommend these ( Amazon.com: 8-in 1 Hex Wrench Kit: Toys & Games) for hex drivers

and these (Craftsman 9-41633 Screwdriver Set 10-Piece) for screwdrivers.

You can get stuff far cheaper but cheap isn't always good, especially when talking about tools.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4