P3P shakes

Reaction score
My P3P was shaking when I started up the moters with the props on. The props had some nicks in the ends so I replaced all the props with new props thinking that was the problem, But it wasn't. It's still shakey. Why? I really don't want to send it away or anything. It is still under warranty I'm pretty sure but don't have anything to prove it. Anything will be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app

How did the nicks occur in the props? Perhaps a motor got jarred loose or is out of balance from prop strike?

My P3A started shaking the other day. Turned out to be the controller. I actually had a minor crash because of it. The right stick was not working correctly and "sticky", could not gain proper control. Took controller apart and has been ok since. Have not flown except a test and need to calibrate.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

My P3A started shaking the other day. Turned out to be the controller. I actually had a minor crash because of it. The right stick was not working correctly and "sticky", could not gain proper control. Took controller apart and has been ok since. Have not flown except a test and need to calibrate.

My controller seemed to be fine. The sticks done stick. I had a thread about the scuffed props in December I think and someone said that they would replace them. I just did that tonight. My p3p has been shaking for a while and my flights are find. It's the shaking I'm concerned about. I thought it might have been that the propellers were scuffed or not balanced but I changed the props and put on new ones and dose the same. Any other suggestions besides the controller? Can you tell me exactly what you did when you took it apart? Thanks in advance.

I had a bad bearing in one of my motors that would cause vibration. Flew OK otherwise. I replaced the motor and it was OK after that. Sometimes the bearing problem when manually checking would barely be percepable, other times it was more pronounced.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

My P3A has started shaking while sitting on the ground. This has started within the past couple of days. It has literally been sitting on a my desk.

I had a bad bearing in one of my motors that would cause vibration. Flew OK otherwise. I replaced the motor and it was OK after that. Sometimes the bearing problem when manually checking would barely be percepable, other times it was more pronounced.

Is mine somthing that should be fixed or is it fine?

Nope. It flies fine. I'm almost thinking it's a software issue and for some reason there is an RPM difference between the motors causing the vibration.
So I shouldn't worry about it? Should've I changed the props then or would I have had to do that anyway? Would you change then if they were scuffed up?

So I shouldn't worry about it? Should've I changed the props then or would I have had to do that anyway? Would you change then if they were scuffed up?

I wish I could give advice but I'm pretty new to all of this as well, just sharing what I'm experiencing as well.

My standard had the shakes. One hairline crack between motor screw and lens cover. Dabbled a little super glue on it, installed the UAV BITS strong arm reinforcement plates and problem solved. Can't believe a crack that is almost invisible could have that much effect.

Sent from my SM-T817V using PhantomPilots mobile app

My P3P was shaking when I started up the moters with the props on. The props had some nicks in the ends so I replaced all the props with new props thinking that was the problem, But it wasn't. It's still shakey. Why? I really don't want to send it away or anything. It is still under warranty I'm pretty sure but don't have anything to prove it. Anything will be greatly appreciated!

How old is it? When did it start? Have any video of the problem you can post?

It's unlikely, but check that one of the motors isn't a bit loose. Hold the bottom of the shell and gently try to wiggle each motor. Assumed that you checked for cracks in the bottom shell under the motors?

I finally got back from my trip and took a slowmo video of the vibration.

I finally got back from my trip and took a slowmo video of the vibration.
The slo-mo looks like the props are really unbalanced. I saw a youtube where a guy snipped of part of a blade to see if it would fly. It actually flew ok, but it shook like yours does. Watch at 3:55 into the video.
That's quite a wobble.

I had one motor have a bad bearing that caused some shaking. Flew OK though. I soon replaced it.
It's a shame it's next to impossible to rebuild the 2312a motors. The shaft, bearings and washer are press fit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav