P3P shakes horizontally for a moment

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea why the P3P shakes horizontally from time to time?

It wasn't really far away from me. Around 750 feet away with altitude of around 280 feet from the ground and there was no obstacle between us – the signal was great. I was slowly turning it on the spot and after I stopped I noticed the video was shaking left to right for a few times. There was no wind in the area.

I currently have all the latest firmware updates (v1.6.0040)

Can you post the video so we can see what you're describing?

Is the camera shaking or is the drone shaking. It almost looks like the camera is trying to stabilize.

Reactions: apprentice
Is the camera shaking or is the drone shaking. It almost looks like the camera is trying to stabilize.
Now you gave me an idea. Thank you. It was probably the camera. But I don't understand why. Especially at the second 26.

The surface winds, and winds at altitude, even 280 ft can be very different. Particularly where there are no obstacles. I don't know if that is the issue here, I have recorded some shaky video when my P3P was dealing with gusts. Another reason for usual vibration/shakey video is if the props are out of balance. Maybe fly it again close to you and see if it is repeatable.

I did not see anything at 26 seconds (right when the video ends), but wind could have caused the shake at 9 seconds. Try flying some more and see if it continues to occur. If not, then it was probably the wind.

You guys must be right. It only happens when I'm quite high. And for now I mostly didn't fly this high. And in case it was windy at my altitude I just didn't fly. The wind must be different at a higher altitude as DAP-UAV mentioned.

The reason why I asked was that I talked to a guy a while ago who has more experience with that than me. He was real scared of these shaking.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20