P3P scary situation

Reaction score
Hey guys, I had a scary thing happen today. Going back a week, I upgraded my firmware to v1.8. Everything went fine and I've flown my bird a few times including yesterday since doing the upgrade. Today I went out to fly and after doing my pre-checks, I brought the bird up about 3 feet off of the ground. I then noticed that I had a signal on my iPad screen saying weak RC signal. I tried throttling down, but nothing happened, no response. I tried throttling up a little and I could get it to go up. Luckily I didn't panic and I grabbed the bird with my hand and was able to shut the motors down with the left stick.

I tried to download the flight recorder, but I never get the drive to show up on my mac. I tried powering up the Radio, then power up the bird, plug my iPad to the radio, then go to my advanced settings, selected enter flight data mode, connected the bir using the front usb port to my Mac and I noticed the iPad screen showed entering flight data mode after selecting OK, nothing happened. Any suggestions on either of the above?

I've never had the throttle problem before, but It made a believer out of me when people say that they lost total control of their P3. I not saying that this is not a firmware issue, but If so, DJI need to get off of their A$S ad get it corrected. Sorry for the long post.

Was you near ur vehicle or anything metal. I've noticed If I try to fly near my vehicle or any large metal object it cause it to act funny

No I was i my back yard where I normally fly. It was so weird. The only way I could get the motor to idle dow was hold the left stick all of the way down until the motor would almost cut off. I then idled back up and tried idling down and nothing. that is when I decided to catch with one hand and sit the motors off with the left stick.

You might want to check you stick calibration on the App.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik