P3P return to home

Reaction score
Hi all,
Yesterday I was flying next to a river, my takeoff point was just away from any dangers, there were trees either side of me so knew there might be some signal issues if I flew to far, anyway I got about 700m up river and had the signal loss on the app, no picture. I stayed calm thinking it would flicker back on, to no avail! It didn't even say it was returning home. I started walking in the direction I flew the copter to try and regain signal, still nothing.....I then noticed it was returning home and flew over my head at 30m (luckily) for some reason it still didn't regain the signal and I was unable to cancel the landing! The app still showed nothing and said something about timeout. I thought about trying to catch it as it came down automatically as I had a river,trees,bushes etc, luckily it landed exactly where it took off from so didn't need to intervene, but it could of been so much worse!
So my question is, how come I wasn't able to cancel the return once I had it in view? The app didn't come back to life until it landed.
Thanks for any insight.

So my question is, how come I wasn't able to cancel the return once I had it in view? The app didn't come back to life until it landed.
You can't cancel RTH if you have no signal

We could guess but looking at the flight data will probably show what happened.
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides

Did you try cancelling RTH from controller button or app?

I tried cancelling it from the app, the flight log created on my phone abruptly stops when signal loss occurred, then restarts once landed. Although the video on the sd card shows the return.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj