P3P Rate of Climb/Descent ...

Reaction score
I was following a thread a while back about a fellow who had a Phantom crash. It was a waypoint flight and the problem came from the fact that the Phantom did not climb fast enough to meet the altitude setting of the next intended waypoint.

Does anyone have any metrics on just what the Phantom's normal feet per second climb rate might be? Like in full size aircraft, I know wind speed & direction, temperature and density altitude are all factors but I'm looking for a ball park figure here. We want to avoid Waypoint 1 at 50 feet going to Waypoint 2 at 250 feet traveling at max speed with the 2nd waypoint's distance will not allow the machine to make it to altitude before arriving there.

I'm thinking this might be easy enough to test, but I'm also thinking the results might vary quite a bit, thus the question to the forum.

Thanks ...

Thank you kind sir! That was a duh moment! anyway .. its 5 meters per second max and 3m/s coming down ...

Sorry the silliness!

It comes down faster if u do a CSC
was that nessary.gif

;)

...We want to avoid Waypoint 1 at 50 feet going to Waypoint 2 at 250 feet traveling at max speed with the 2nd waypoint's distance will not allow the machine to make it to altitude before arriving there....
Glad you got it sorted. I wanted to help but couldn't. I read the above at least five times and still have not a clue about what's being asked. It reminds me of one of those long word problems that everyone dreaded in school. It makes me dizzy. No matter where I mentally add a comma or a period, I can't get it to work. I'm also greatly dismayed by the fact that I was not properly introduced at the beginning and therefore have no idea who "we" is. ;)

Reactions: BigAl07
Thank you kind sir! That was a duh moment! anyway .. its 5 meters per second max and 3m/s coming down ...

.. but it may (and probably will) not achieve 5m/s when going forward between waypoints!

Phantom did not climb fast enough to meet the altitude setting of the next intended waypoint.

Huh, what app/FW was s/he using?!

Litchi slows down pre-planned horizontal speed if the AC can't climb/descend fast enough to meet the altitude setting of the next waypoint.

I believe this behaviour is forced by the AC FW so all 3rd party apps should behave the same?!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik