P3P packaging how to tell new motors vs old

Reaction score
I bought my P3P about two weeks ago and found out later that I received the older version with the old motors. After about 10 flights with out any issues or crashes my camera gimbal stop reading the SD card slot and would not light up either green or red. I took it back to my LHS and they considered it DOA and replaced it with another brand new one! This time i received the newer one with new motors. Thus, I was able to take a picture of the new one on the left vs the old one on the right. The only difference from the picture is the actual motors and updated model number on the side of the box.

Attachments

• IMG_0471.jpeg
    IMG_0471.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,098
  • IMG_0472.jpeg
    IMG_0472.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,418
Last edited:
Reactions: mikeCtv
Thanks msinger I should have been more clear on my post. This was for anyone that was looking to purchase one and wanted to see the difference from the packaging.

I bought my P3P about two weeks ago and found out later that I received the older version with the old motors. After about 10 flights with out any issues or crashes my camera gimbal stop reading the SD card slot and would not light up either green or red. I took it back to my LHS and they considered it DOA and replaced it with another brand new one! This time i received the newer one with new motors. Thus, I was able to take a picture of the new one on the left vs the old one on the right. The only difference from the picture is the actual motors and updated model number on the side of the box.
This is not true for my P3P.
The box had the old motors pictured but it came with the new motors installed.
It does have the W323A sticker though. I think this is the only for sure way to tell without actually opening the box.

This has been covered multiple times BTW.

What do you mean "actual" motors? Are there non-actual, virtual motors?
Sorry after reading my post again. I was referring to the box on the left shows what the new motors look like vs the picture on the right shows the old motors.

Thank you again, I greatly appreciate your help with this matter. I am bringing back and hope for a exchange.

I don't understand what the motors have to do with the video, or the gimbal????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.