P3P or P3A?

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 1.1.1 basically built as much as possible, and I am getting the itch to go bigger and better. Besides the video, what are the main differences in the Advanced and Professional models?

One part of me says if I am spending $950 on the Advanced, I may as well spend the $1250 on the Pro, but the other part of me asks why, if its only a difference in video.

Please help! :cool:

The main differences are the camera and the battery charger. Check out DJI's comparison here.

The main differences are the camera and the battery charger. Check out DJI's comparison here.

I had found that, but the Pro and Advanced are under the same column. Then the 4K is over to the other side. At first I was thinking that the Pro *was the 4K, but apparently I was wrong. This is leading to more confusion. haha

There are a _lot_ of threads with this exact same question (so a lot of answers as well) so you may want to search on this matter.

Short answer.... one is 2.7k video, the other is 4k. There are several other differences, even some DJI does not talk about, and you can obtain this info from the prior posts.

I have a Phantom 1.1.1 basically built as much as possible, and I am getting the itch to go bigger and better. Besides the video, what are the main differences in the Advanced and Professional models?

One part of me says if I am spending $950 on the Advanced, I may as well spend the $1250 on the Pro, but the other part of me asks why, if its only a difference in video.

Please help! :cool:

btw the advanced is $799

Unless you really do need 4k and really do have equipment to edit, display etc.

Advanced is a steel at current price

did the Advanced go up in price? Should be $799 or $725 if you buy from jet.com if money is the selling point.

The $950 I mentioned was a bundle I saw on EBay. I haven't even price shopped them yet. I will for sure though! I had just been thinking about the Pro the entire time and just happened upon that bundle that made me question it. Looks like I may be getting an Advanced!

im leanin towards p3p myself. it seems the 60mb/s 4k bitrate OWNS the 40mb 2.7k bitrate of the p3a

(when 4k is downsampled to 1080p)

Just remember you want to edit that video. It takes a good computer to do it.

Reactions: GMayberry
Not quite. I have flown both and you can notice absolutely no discernible difference in the video feed. P3A is a WAY better deal.

im leanin towards p3p myself. it seems the 60mb/s 4k bitrate OWNS the 40mb 2.7k bitrate of the p3a

(when 4k is downsampled to 1080p)

If you are planning to do FPV or add the HDMI module, consider the 10mbps bandwith of the p3p against the 2mbps of p3a. In terms of FPV video quality and compression it makes a lot of difference

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: henick
I have done FPV and have the HDMI module on both. There is an EXTREMELY slight difference when using it. It is not very noticeable and you have to "look" for artifact. It definitely does not make much difference. There is another member of this forum, "dirtybird" who will tell you the same.
There is truly NO discernible difference between the P3A and P3P except 4K video which isn't supported by most televisions anyway. Just buy the P3A and a 100W charger.

If you are planning to do FPV or add the HDMI module, consider the 10mbps bandwith of the p3p against the 2mbps of p3a. In terms of FPV video quality and compression it makes a lot of difference

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

but its the 4k downscaled to 1080p where the sweetspot lies.

I have done FPV and have the HDMI module on both. There is an EXTREMELY slight difference when using it. It is not very noticeable and you have to "look" for artifact. It definitely does not make much difference. There is another member of this forum, "dirtybird" who will tell you the same.
There is truly NO discernible difference between the P3A and P3P except 4K video which isn't supported by most televisions anyway. Just buy the P3A and a 100W charger.

Correct. But if you wish to use goggles, you need the HDMI output. But of course, on an iPad it works out of the box. And on an iPad there is absolutely no difference at all between a P3A and P3P. And with goggles there is only a negligible difference.

The P3A can do FPV right out of the box right? (with of course my iPad)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen