P3P or P3A for long distance flying ?

I run out of range real fast, I was standing on the low point and wanted to get footage above me I only flew about 600m and then lost signal and panicked and hit return home. I had no internet connection. I was surrounded by trees and dense bush but I had a little bit of space around me, I wanted to follow a valley but lost reception any hint for the newbie will be greatly appreciated
Make sure you have clear line of sight between the radio controller and the drone. Trees and bushes blocking the line of sight can severely decrease your range.

I run out of range real fast, I was standing on the low point and wanted to get footage above me I only flew about 600m and then lost signal and panicked and hit return home. I had no internet connection. I was surrounded by trees and dense bush but I had a little bit of space around me, I wanted to follow a valley but lost reception any hint for the newbie will be greatly appreciated
Set your RTH height higher than the default value (go to 50, even 100 meters). You want to make sure that you clear anything between you and the bird when you RTH.

P3A will go further. The gold stickers are heavier on the Pro :)

I should remove the gold stickers on mine. It does not really matter, at 250-300 feet altitude no body can really see them anyways.

Also if your looking to do long range flights and want to keep it stock without voiding the warranty I would pick up a Windsurfer for your controller (A windsurfer will allow you to go further then the battery can take you and come back safely... 3+miles) its a easy on easy off design & just a suggestion get a tracker. There are some great items here on this website that can help including some different style windsurfers.
Dynamic 3D Solutions

I fly a P3-A. Is it better to use the single-dual Windsurfer or the Twin-Windsurfer. The Twin looks easier/faster to attach whereas the single-dual needs to be attached for each antenna.

Does the Twin-Windsurfer have a narrower coverage as compared to the Single-Dual Windsurfer wc can be adjusted to create a wider " V-shape" of the antennas?

Set your RTH height higher than the default value (go to 50, even 100 meters). You want to make sure that you clear anything between you and the bird when you RTH.
I tried doin that it seems to be stuck at 39 meters
i would love it much higher
and then decend from abone me at the said height

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers