P3P not flying backward, but in diagonal

Reaction score
Zanzibar TZ; Nairobi KE; Geneva CH; Naples FL USA
Hi guys,

Didn't used my P3P for a couple of months due to rain season, a couple of days ago monsoon been over I took the dust of my quad, spend a bit of time on it, fw upgrade., RC, quad, batteries and DJI App, calibrations... and happily took it for a quick spin...

Everything seems fine, till I realized that my P3P had difficulties going backward, in fact it goes in diagonal... well well well decided to switch the sticks mode, but there again the same it goes back in diagonal... I was expecting to be an issue with the RC and stick and therefore having made the switch of stick was expecting to have issues bringing it down... there again switched between stick mode, mode 1, 2, 3, and finally did a custom one... again issues going backward... this is a mystery...

Also another issue, it can't hover stably as it used to... I was flying in an area quite protected and not so windy...

Anyone, an idea of what might be the cause of these issues?
Cheers...

Max

@HWCM: All the calibrations were done during the preflight prep... but realized after reading quite a few thread that, especially for the IMU and compass it needs to be done in an area clear of metal, wall, electromagnetic fields, vehicles... which wasn't the case when I first did it... Thanks anyway...

@joeruby: thanks for the tips, I have redone the IMU calibration in an open, non metallic... space now, not a backward issue anymore, but now another direction is impacted as it doesn't go left properly... well, there again I realize that need to change area for the calibrations...

Here is another one regarding the calibrations... As I am located right on the edge of an airport no fly zone, literally the radius line passes like five meters from my house, can it affects calibrations?

Thanks...

@HWCM: All the calibrations were done during the preflight prep... but realized after reading quite a few thread that, especially for the IMU and compass it needs to be done in an area clear of metal, wall, electromagnetic fields, vehicles... which wasn't the case when I first did it... Thanks anyway...

@joeruby: thanks for the tips, I have redone the IMU calibration in an open, non metallic... space now, not a backward issue anymore, but now another direction is impacted as it doesn't go left properly... well, there again I realize that need to change area for the calibrations...

Here is another one regarding the calibrations... As I am located right on the edge of an airport no fly zone, literally the radius line passes like five meters from my house, can it affects calibrations?

Thanks...
Go somewhere away from everything and do a test. Calibrate your compas at the new location. Then see if you have any more problems.

That only applies to calibrating the compass. You can calibrate the IMU anywhere you want, as long as its on a perfectly horizontal surface.

Not likely, but it should greatly affect your decision where to fly: not at home. The DJI 'no fly zones' are far less restrictive than either the law or common sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20