P3P "No Signal" Findings

Reaction score
everyone who knows me knows how much i've been preaching placing a cooling fan in front of the
P3P whenever doing a firmware upgrade because of the overheating issues on the P3P gimbal main board.

ok so get this.
i have about 20-25 P3P bad main boards in a box and last night i just randomly pulled one out that i had marked with NoVideo, you know the usual P3P issue with overheating (No Signal).
so i plug it on the assembly with the whole thing, plug it on the bird and sure enough "No Signal" on top of the screen.
for the heck of it i put a 1.9.6 bin file on the microSD card and do the usual fw upgrade.
it finishes! at that point i am like what ?? usually bad main board doesn't let you finish the fw upgrade because of the device 15 and 8 not recognized error.
i turn off the bird, turn it on, turn on the controller, plug my iphone on it. VIDEO IS WORKING!!!!
ummm WHAT ???
i had it on for couple minutes just to make sure. power cycle everything again.. WORKING!

now i am going to have to go through ALL those main boards just to make sure i have more that will behave like this.
could it be software / firmware issue?

just wanted to share my findings with you.

i will try couple more and post more findings when i come to a conclusion.
personally i think i had a good board marked "bad" but at the same time i am wondering what are the
chances i grabbed the RIGHT ONE out of that box of all marked not working. :p

Reactions: Reed L and Droneted

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31