P3P Micro USB

Reaction score
Going on a week long vacation. With all the footage I'm going to take, it will not all fit in the 64G SD card. Wondering if I can off load what's in the SD card to an external HDD through the micro USB port of the ac. Is this possible?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can back up memory cards if you have a backup device that includes that ability -- like the WD My Passport Wireless. I think your easiest (and cheapest) option is going to be taking along some extra memory cards though.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Going on a week long vacation. With all the footage I'm going to take, it will not all fit in the 64G SD card. Wondering if I can off load what's in the SD card to an external HDD through the micro USB port of the ac. Is this possible?
Why keep a week's work on the card you are flying with?
If you value your images, it makes sense to take them from the card before flying again.
This solution works for me:
i-Cwd27g9-L.jpg

Why keep a week's work on the card you are flying with?
If you value your images, it makes sense to take them from the card before flying again.
This solution works for me:
i-Cwd27g9-L.jpg

I don't want to keep a weeks worth of images on the card. That's why I asked the question. I don't have enough SD cards for the week. But I do have a Seagate 2 TB backup drive. Since I already have this, I didn't want to buy a pack of SD cards. Wanted to see if I can use the backup drive instead. I take it it's not possible. Other option would be to just use my cousin's laptop and dump the SD card data there then just transfer it over to the backup drive.

You can do this if you are *very* patient. The USB port is extremely slow. Best to get a reader and load your hard drive from there.

Reactions: Drone Master
You can do this if you are *very* patient. The USB port is extremely slow. Best to get a reader and load your hard drive from there.

That's the answer I was looking for. Thanks. I guess I will just use my cousins laptop then transfer to the backup drive.

This is exactly the predicament I'm in. I like you have been looking for a solution.
Going Carribean in March and don't want to take handfuls of cards.
I found this reader on Amazon and I'm hoping in conjunction with my WD Passport it just might work...
Anyone tried this?
90bfd5bcd9cef519a44a745d4ee1c9ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just tried with this:
rXnXmOhJseJ_5MYtMmr2Q7qjcpwPJq_wlH-So8vQR9Sjn-b50zwQz_i0jzk203zbKcmbqMv2H7Ft1WacZyimKPfmuAgbPNWeZJBGdLM86d-15uXI1edUuCtuT8Kr3m5G3kZVrlAKJBBx6nfo06IBFNnVD7XZyRiJNjDfcGMO82S8qjbo_PXEQ8nydVyITws4VpJuN_q70amPwhTujNLwWvTMDD74WpJantYclm-rE8KwGNpE88VoGlZKBQZcGUZESXJa3l2Suxh82v6g9bcI0FdtRAME9_L8gxhuPYaykY36zlMUVyp_1yeoWouRZr-uMc7APD0OZZ0l6zlV-gY9QFg7RKu-l9wtikyuyroKJmKLbTE02R52J9PJmUr9ds04KSez_1cV36pAuzrAwvUR5kqP9_A5FrGjUscankUbAPnEwzIU6JAfpFrlEz00nK-E707QkaIYC4uxdt4m7XryBkd2pVw_KuBRGeG0cger0Ztc4pChTHlfPVKGXKvwTZ9xTAQE7ggG1kkRNzTv9JKpL-9-QyZJC0gJezexD796cyOmPrDAKIeTWcbrtMGqykz_G6UtRpJcJ81E0Tf6tIQkOj1mTlKztn8=w1287-h965-no

Its a cheap USB OTG + card reader. Reading SD cards works, connecting a USB drive works, but both together does not work (using nexus 7 android 6). I fear that will be the case for similar devices too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1