P3P main board replacement was supposed to be part 33, doesn't match

Reaction score
I had a crash that pushed the IMU/controller/gyro box right through the center of the main board, so I started looking for a replacement board. I learned that there are original and updated versions of the board, part 33 for 2312 motors, part 96 for 2312A motors. I have 2312 motors that still work, so I thought I'd just get the original board rather than having to get all new motors as well. I found that DJI's site has "not available in your region" for part 33, so I found one at an authorized DJI dealer.

It came in a DJI box with a Part 33 label, and it was sealed. It also came with an instruction card on distinguishing between the original and updated versions of the board. Here's the problem, though.. the board in the box doesn't match either. The card shows that original should have a label with first line ending in "A" and updated ending in "B". The board in the box ends in "C" and looks more like a "B" board.

i-MbxPCrm-X2.jpg

i-Xc9zDdV-XL.jpg

For reference, here is an "A" board, part 33:
large_HK8A0342.jpg

and a "B" board, part 96:
large_HK8A0730.jpg

Could this "C" board perhaps be compatible with 2312 motors, or is this just a mistake? Thought I'd check here to see if anyone knows about this, wasn't able to find anything in search. Thanks!

Good for you. Posting back. Even though you didn't get any help, you still came back to let people know how things turned out.

Reactions: codysims
I'm in the middle of the same main C.B. replacement and received a #96. It has the plain, large, thick, square chip, next to the ribbon coming out of the accelerometer/gimbal. The earlier version, #33, has printing on it.

I was told by the supplier that the earlier motors, (2312) will not work with the #96 board so I got new 2312A motors. The new problem is that there are 4, small vertical tabs surrounding the 4 motor screw holes that prevent the new motors from seating all the way down in the arm.. So, the question is, can I clip those small tabs to allow the new motors to seat, or do I need to change the shell? I will post my results for the benefit of future Pilot DIY'ers.

My main board supplier, (RC Parts 4you), sent me photos of the newer version P3 Pro with the newer motors and the tabs have slots in them. Same size and shape tabs, so a made up a fixture that has a slot in it, that is centered on the tab. I then use a thin blade attachment on my soldering iron and carefully melt a slot in the tab. Clean off melted residue and fit motors. Perfect! I now have a perfect working P3 Pro.

Just thought I'd update this post in case someone else finds it via search. The "C" board is backward compatible, this info came directly from DJI. I've got it installed with 2312 motors, working great.
Late, but big thanks for confirming this. It avoid me a big return story on Ebay with a seller. As my P3 are both a year old and I don't plan to get a P4 I have to plan long term and get some spares. Now a day Part #33 are rare or really expensive and I have already shells and motors as spare.
Again THANKS.

Reactions: codysims
Just thought I'd update this post in case someone else finds it via search. The "C" board is backward compatible, this info came directly from DJI. I've got it installed with 2312 motors, working great.

thank you for this!!

to this forum would have to make a monument......

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20