P3P. lost signal.

Reaction score
Hi all. Yesterday the Son came out and the wind died, so I went for flight #3.[ I have the old motors.]
Did the warm up compass call. good, fresh charge on battery. I flew around my neighborhood. I had been in the air for about 6 min. At 3000 feet out about 120 feet up. The signal starts to break- up and I turn around and head back,. Now this is where I get the safe to fly in nonGPS mode??? [I have 15 sat] And the Phantom is not responding to my stick movement, It is just hovering. I walk around to get better LOS ,[ there is a big tree near by]. I hit RTH, and nothing it just hovers there. This all happen in a few seconds. I did get control back after I moved a bit from the tree. And got home safe. I landed with 65% battery.
Now I am scared to fly, because I don't know why RTH did not work. My P2 would go in to RTH at about the same spot I was at, with the P3.?? I don't Know anything about healthy drones, or flight data. I will have to look at that.
I see a lot of post where P3 have fallen out of the sky. So did I do some thing wrong or should RTH have worked.???? Thanks for any input.

My guess is that you lost connection with the bird behind the tree. The P3 did not receive the manual RTH command from the controller if you had lost connection, but when you moved and got a connection again it didn't have time to get into automatic RTH function on it's own.

Did you have to cancel RTH when you did re-gain control?

My guess is that you lost connection with the bird behind the tree. The P3 did not receive the manual RTH command from the controller if you had lost connection, but when you moved and got a connection again it didn't have time to get into automatic RTH function on it's own.

Did you have to cancel RTH when you did re-gain control?
No, it never went into RTH. You my be right, but I am nerves about it.

No, it never went into RTH. You my be right, but I am nerves about it.

Given a few more seconds with no connection from the controller it should start the RTH process on its own. I'm sure it's an uncomfortable feeling losing connection.

Hi all. Yesterday the Son came out and the wind died, so I went for flight #3.[ I have the old motors.]
Did the warm up compass call. good, fresh charge on battery. I flew around my neighborhood. I had been in the air for about 6 min. At 3000 feet out about 120 feet up. The signal starts to break- up and I turn around and head back,. Now this is where I get the safe to fly in nonGPS mode??? [I have 15 sat] And the Phantom is not responding to my stick movement, It is just hovering. I walk around to get better LOS ,[ there is a big tree near by]. I hit RTH, and nothing it just hovers there. This all happen in a few seconds. I did get control back after I moved a bit from the tree. And got home safe. I landed with 65% battery.
Now I am scared to fly, because I don't know why RTH did not work. My P2 would go in to RTH at about the same spot I was at, with the P3.?? I don't Know anything about healthy drones, or flight data. I will have to look at that.
I see a lot of post where P3 have fallen out of the sky. So did I do some thing wrong or should RTH have worked.???? Thanks for any input.
Simple way to test. Fly out 100 ft and shut off the controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31