P3P Lost Advice Please

Hey - if you do end up recovering your drone - the battery will certainly be useless - but if you wouldn't mind, I could use the frame from it if you can cut it open - not the cells, just the piece with the buttons and LED's on it.

I have a couple of aftermarket batteries that don't work anymore because of DJI's latest firmware restrictions - but if I can get that end cap from a couple of defective batteries, I can swap it on my aftermarket ones to make them look like DJI batteries to the firmware... Anyhow - if it's not too hard to do, I'd pay the shipping on it and be very grateful...
Tenly, i have a bad battery you can have. My p3p was lost for about two months. Everything was ok but the battery.
You pay to ship, ill send.
Was wondering if it was good for anything and saved it.

Sorry Tenly, I would but it's unrecoverable unless a gator is nice enough to bring it up for me.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Tenly, i have a bad battery you can have. My p3p was lost for about two months. Everything was ok but the battery.
You pay to ship, ill send.
Was wondering if it was good for anything and saved it.

Wow! Thanks so much! I'm glad you saved it!
I'll PM you my address and you can let me know how much shipping will cost...!

Sorry Tenly, I would but it's unrecoverable unless a gator is nice enough to bring it up for me.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's okay. Thanks anyway.

Have you heard anything back from DJI yet? All I received was the auto-response saying my message had been received - and then nothing since...

Update 1:

DJI support has responded to my ticket and requested flight logs, proof of purchase and a customer info form and all have been provided.

Update 1:

DJI support has responded to my ticket and requested flight logs, proof of purchase and a customer info form and all have been provided.

I too have provided all that information as of yesterday at about 2pm.

Did they say anything to you about what happens next or when you can expect to be contacted?

Nothing so far, going on day 3 following my sending them the requested info. We shall see.

Sorry for you loss, but I still don't understand why people take a risk flying over water. I always add some floaters to the legs. I would at least stay at the surface head down.

If your close I'll throw on the scuba gear and get...I've been to 180ft,can't be that deep there?

It really can't be coincidence. I was flying my P3S Saturday and was flying good until I went to bring it back. It was a tough navigation between some trees and and the house and it started wandering. My phone started flashing that the GPS signal was weak/lost. I had full connection and before this and was flying for a good 15 minutes. I ended up getting it landed without crashing but it was scary watching it fly 1/4 stick in random directions. It has to be a DJI Go software issue.

I still don't understand why people take a risk flying over water. I always add some floaters to the legs.
Neither do I ... apart from the good photos, no interference and nothing to hit, I can't see any good reason at all.
This is from 3km out to sea on an 8km round trip:
DJI_0443a-XL.jpg

MAybe interference signal... some signal can disturb wifi and gps . ...

Nothing so far, going on day 3 following my sending them the requested info. We shall see.

I'm at Day 9. Sent all information in 6 days ago. I requested information about what to expect from the rest of the process 5 days ago (no response). I just updated my ticket again asking the same thing and for confirmation that they have received everything they need from me and that it has been sent to the correct department.

Have you had any contact with them since you submitted the questionnaire?

I was contacted yesterday and surprise surprise, DJI is going to be replacing my phantom under warranty! I think it is the video evidence I was able to submit that saved me. If not for the video evidence, they would have been able to suggest it was some sort of prop error - but the video proves otherwise.

Unfortunately, they were not able to determine for 100% certain what the actual root cause was - but there was no evidence at all that pointed to pilot error and so - in less than 2 weeks - have agreed to replace the "aircraft only".

I hope that will also include the battery - since the battery attached was only 2 minutes into its second ever flight when the incident occurred (should be obvious from the logs) - and I hope they'll be sending a Professional instead of an Advanced. The unit I lost began its life as an Advanced and was upgraded to a Professional about 2 months ago - easy for me to prove if it's not evident in the logs.

I trust that you have also received good news by now?
If not - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - but since the behavior of our birds seemed to be identical - I expect they will come to the same conclusion about your incident!

Doubt the general public will have access to a uav gun just government agencies.

My replacement unit is on its way! They are sending a Phantom 3 Professional, a Battery and Propellers - no RC and no Charger - so basically, everything I lost!

The OP of this thread hasn't reported back in over a week, but I hope he's had the same experience I had with DJI support on his issue. Hopefully no matter what happens, he'll come back and update us.

It really can't be coincidence. I was flying my P3S Saturday and was flying good until I went to bring it back. It was a tough navigation between some trees and and the house and it started wandering. My phone started flashing that the GPS signal was weak/lost. I had full connection and before this and was flying for a good 15 minutes. I ended up getting it landed without crashing but it was scary watching it fly 1/4 stick in random directions. It has to be a DJI Go software issue.

Correct, it's not a coincidence at all. You flew low between buildings and trees where you're quite likely to start losing satellites and therefore signal. You had a full connection before that because you were up in the sky. If you don't want to lose GPS lock and auto-control when landing, always do it in a clear, open area. If you want to learn how to land in cramped, low-to-no GPS assistance, go out to a sports field and practice flying in ATTI mode.

There's no substitute for the confidence you feel when you lose GPS lock, but can still fly it because you know how to fly in ATTI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31