P3P loss of video feed to tablet, again.

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemenn, I present the above in all it's glory!

Seriously,, I get no video image from the camera on my Nvidea shield K1 tab. It worked fine one day and not at all the next. Not crashed or abused, kept dry, and all the rest of it. I also get telemetry and map/gps with strong Hd signal when flying, which it does without issue. It will also record to the cameras SD card in video and still, and the gimbal works 100% and there is full control over it.
SO,, does anyone know where the video is transmitted from? Inside the camera or the heatsink base of it, or in the bird where the flight controllers live? I have had it in the shop and they cheerfully say it needs a complete new gimbal/camera at considerable cost. I remain sceptical, and feel there has to be a better way rather than junk £££ worth of otherwise fault free camera.
Anyone had this issue and find a solution or work around?
Failing that, what is the cheapest place for a camera? I am in the UK, btw.
I have emailed dji to ask if they can repair a camera themselves, but all they say is send it to one of their repair agents. This seems like criminal waste of money or profiteering to me. My personal opinion only!
All help welcome.

I got your email. Overheating can cause your problem. If you just did a firmware update it may have overheated. If that is the case there is no fix other than replacing the gimbal main board. Or a new camera.

Have you tried your setup with an apple product? I went from an iphone 6s to a nvidea k1 tablet and now I have no video . back to my iphone and it works perfectly. I need help as well. Im thinking some kind of frequency interference with the tablet's wifi? thats the only thing that makes since to me.

I have 2 p3ps and both went e same way tx just stopped one day and I wasn't even updating fw. The gimbal board on the p3p is just junk and the rip off merchants dji can't even send me a new whole camera in 2 months I have waited. Brilliant customer service. I'm hoping to find someone with 2 p3ps with trashed cameras and we can swop to get a good one each !!!!!

I have had all kinds of problems with that Tablet when they updated to 7.0 The DJI app has crashed numerous times and same thing with Litchi. And its just not DJI the Tablet itself has ran like crap since the update but they just had a recent update as of last week its better but the tablet is really slow now

Well, I did try it with an ipad, and i was just the same. So, having bought a new p3p camera at some greart expense, I should be back in business. It was all tried in the shop, (the new cam came from ebay) and we fixed the old camera by putting a used mainbooard from a p3a in- it all works well but it is downgraded to only 2.7k. I agree the camera boards are crap. I might thus have a p3a camera for sale in due course now, lol. In reality a p3p camera mechanicals and optics, but only outputting @ 2.7k. instead of 4k! DJI should be ashamed of the rubbish modules they fit.Toy grade , if that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.