P3P loses video signal intermittently in both gps mode or non gps mode

Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue with their P3P losing video signal on both GPS and NON GPS mode? I've noticed
mine perhaps a week or so, first time I observed the weak signal then went to "No Signal" for around 5 seconds, while I am flying the P3P at around 500 feet away and 120 ft altitude. My antenna's position was set up as per the manual. The issue became more frequent until the other night, I can't acquire a video signal in GPS mode even I have 11 to 17 Satellite (I didn't got a video of the fireworks because of it). Now, it does lose a video signal even in Non GPS mode also. Anyone had experienced this issues? if so, how did you resolve the problem? Thank you.

Video signal and controller mode have nothing to do with each other. Additionally, loosing video signal does not mean you have lost control of the bird. And GPS signal has nothing to do with video OR controller signal.

Video signal and controller mode have nothing to do with each other. Additionally, loosing video signal does not mean you have lost control of the bird. And GPS signal has nothing to do with video OR controller signal.
I may have not made my self very clear. I understand that I still have control with P3P. It still flies without video signal. My concerned was the issue of losing the video feed. It already happened once that I have to fly the bird back with just the map cause I lost FPV and the bird was not in my visual range when the issue happens.

I called the US DJI support team today (7/6/15). They tried to look for a solution but end up asking me to ship the bird to Torrance. Turn around will be 6 weeks (urgg!). I will order another P3 for back up. This time I will take the P3A.

This did not happen to me a single time in my first 100 or so flights. As soon as my app updated to the new version 1.2.0, it started to happen on every flight. I finally gave up on 1.2.0 and switched back to 1.1.2 this past Saturday. Since I switched back to the older app, I haven't seen the problem a single time in now 10 flights. All is back to normal as it was for my first 100 flights. No more lost video signal.

Reactions: JoBe
This did not happen to me a single time in my first 100 or so flights. As soon as my app updated to the new version 1.2.0, it started to happen on every flight. I finally gave up on 1.2.0 and switched back to 1.1.2 this past Saturday. Since I switched back to the older app, I haven't seen the problem a single time in now 10 flights. All is back to normal as it was for my first 100 flights. No more lost video signal.
When the issue first came up, I just replaced my iPhone 6 + to iPad 2 for bigger screen for FPV. I thought it might be the iPad 2 that causing the problem. so I installed my iPhone 6 + and found out that the symptoms did not went away. So I am sure that the problem wasn't from the pilot app. Cause my iPhone 6+ hasn't been upgraded to date and it was the one I've been using prior to the iPad 2 when the issue start's to show. Thanks and happy flying!

When the issue first came up, I just replaced my iPhone 6 + to iPad 2 for bigger screen for FPV. I thought it might be the iPad 2 that causing the problem. so I installed my iPhone 6 + and found out that the symptoms did not went away. So I am sure that the problem wasn't from the pilot app. Cause my iPhone 6+ hasn't been upgraded to date and it was the one I've been using prior to the iPad 2 when the issue start's to show. Thanks and happy flying!
Don't be offended by this question, but are you sure the app didn't update to 1.2.0? If you don't disable the automatic updating, it will update without you knowing. That's what happened to me. I forgot to disable the auto updating, so when I went to use the P3 after the new app had been released, I found that the app had updated on it's own and I had 1.2.0 without wanting 1.2.0. Perhaps this happened to you as well?

I m seeing the same problems on my P3P. Includinga the camera resetting itself and stopping recording!

Having same problem. I lose video at 100m and it goes black and white with RTH and no bars on the rc indicator and full bars on the video indicator but can still control the bird no problem and still get to 130m. Whats going on. Anyone have any ideas. I have yet to try moving the antenna so see if it improves.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen