P3P Landing Pad Ideas

Reaction score
I've been looking for a few days to buy a landing pad for my P3P but couldn't find anything that looked strong enough... Finally decided to make this 2 x 2 ft landing pad with some thin wood and bought two bottles of spray paint. I'm considering adding four 2-3 in legs to raise it a little from the grass. I just made it after reading all the complaints about people flipping on the grass. Would like to hear your ideas or suggestions.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442777768.247893.jpg

Looks good as is. Why complicate it, with feet, legs or stands?
Easier to store flat anyway. ;-)

Fine job.

RedHotPoker

I've never had any issues hand catching... Let it hover 6 feet above the ground 6 feet in front of you and walk under it. Pretty easy for me.

Reactions: lotusteve
Nice work!

While the UAV-BITS landing pad is not inexpensive, it's probably the best available for those who don't want to build one.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnNuff
I have found a few things that would work have not put to test the heaviest
Being a 30 x 30 piece of granite to be left as a permanent landing pad but I believe the best ideal is starboard it's used in boating generally 1/2 thick and light weight can be bought on Internet or boating supplies like west marine but I am open to all suggestions. I bought one from a vendor that was way to small for a high price the phantom would work but no way the inspire 1 would.

Well I have one of the uav bits pad I'll send to anyone who will pay shipping. Too expensive & to small a waist of money but like I said free if you pay shipping I'm tired of it hanging on wall.

Nice work!

While this landing pad is not inexpensive, it's probably the best available for those who don't want to build one:
http://www.amazon.com/UAV-Bits-Quad...J6O279DR&tag=ph079-20&linkId=XYS7WRDAANZ6OBAD
Yup, that is the pad I have. I like it. It is light, and small enough to make transportation easy, but large enough to do the job. There are times I fly from fairly steep slopes, so I take my tripod and use the center hole on the landing pad to mount it on the tripod, enabling me to have a level launching pad regardless of where I am at.

Well I have one of the uav bits pad I'll send to anyone who will pay shipping. Too expensive & to small a waist of money but like I said free if you pay shipping I'm tired of it hanging on wall.
Yeah, they are a bit pricey, but man, you are offering people a deal on that!

I have found a few things that would work have not put to test the heaviest
Being a 30 x 30 piece of granite to be left as a permanent landing pad but I believe the best ideal is starboard it's used in boating generally 1/2 thick and light weight can be bought on Internet or boating supplies like west marine but I am open to all suggestions. I bought one from a vendor that was way to small for a high price the phantom would work but no way the inspire 1 would.

Caution:

Granite is known to be magnetic or have magnetic properties.

YMMV

Reactions: littlesister36
Well you learn something every day had no ideal granite is magnetic but that is strange I have flown near enchanted rock close to Austin that I believe is the second largest solid granite formation in the USA with no problems.

Well you learn something every day had no ideal granite is magnetic but that is strange I have flown near enchanted rock close to Austin that I believe is the second largest solid granite formation in the USA with no problems.
Maybe not all granite??

I've been looking for a few days to buy a landing pad for my P3P but couldn't find anything that looked strong enough... Finally decided to make this 2 x 2 ft landing pad with some thin wood and bought two bottles of spray paint. I'm considering adding four 2-3 in legs to raise it a little from the grass. I just made it after reading all the complaints about people flipping on the grass. Would like to hear your ideas or suggestions.

View attachment 31297
Looks great-- forget the legs, if you happed to land on the edge, it will topple and get a prop.:( Been there and done that. :D:D

This forum is good makes the mind start thinking.
Might take the pos I bought and make a bigger plate under it mounted on a 5 1/2 ft
Pole with a slip collar in ground to slide into when flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1