P3P jerking back/forward when moving forward/backward

Reaction score
I've had my P3P for a few months now, but the only flights I've been able to do have been pretty much straight up in the air, haven't had a chance to get into a big enough field... until yesterday...

So I was moving forward at about 40 feet or so, and I calmly brought my right stick to center, and when my P3P stopped, it jerked back like I was moving at like 50mph and coming to a dead stop. The opposite happened when I backed it up towards me... so I got curious and did a little test: I brought the P3 forward as slow as I could, then slowly brought the right stick to center, and it did it again, jerked back like it was moving at 3x the speed.

I read somewhere that this can be fine-tuned in the DJI GO software but I can't seem to find it... sorry if it's here somewhere...

Also, being it was a big field, I decided to test RTH, and it worked great, except for one heart-stopping thing.... I set the RTH altitude to 160 feet, and that was fine... but when it came back to me it was CRUISING! I was having a heart attack as it was coming towards me at what looked like full-speed... lol... but it came down and landed safely where it should have... but man, that was scary!! lol...

Try lowering the "Brake" setting in the "Main Controller Settings" --> "Advanced Settings" --> "Sensors" section of DJI GO. Keep in mind that your Phantom will coast more as it comes to a stop. You'll want to test this above all obstacles so you can see how your changes affect the brake speed.

Reactions: Yiannis.B
yep, when I first got mine, and did a RTH, I was so careful with very small movements and flying slow that I too was freaked out, this thing was cooking I thought, when coming back.

Now, lol , its too slow! I take over RTH once I regain signal. Try that same field again and take it out of PGPS mode, and put it in the middle selection for ATTI, the drone is designed to stop where you tell it and even go back a little

yep, when I first got mine, and did a RTH, I was so careful with very small movements and flying slow that I too was freaked out, this thing was cooking I thought, when coming back.

Now, lol , its too slow! I take over RTH once I regain signal. Try that same field again and take it out of PGPS mode, and put it in the middle selection for ATTI, the drone is designed to stop where you tell it and even go back a little

lol...

I have 2 racing drones that I built, and they are pretty much on manual modes, and I can barely control them, but I'm learning... lol... So I'm not sure if I trust myself with my Phantom on any other mode than P-GPS... I don't trust myself flying in that mode. I don't care if I crash the racing drones, they are pretty tough, and they didn't cost me $1,000.. :)

I'll get there someday though....

yea, but even on ATTI mode, its still uses technology to keep it stable, the only difference is it won't use GPS to hold position, but hovering and basic flight controls are flawless

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic