P3P is not as stable after update

Flew mine today with VPS off having experienced VPS errors since upgrading. You notice how unstable it is near the ground compared when VPS is on but at altitude it was so stable that at one point I was worried the tablet had locked up. I wiggled the sticks just to see the image move.

Reactions: bbfpv
I will make one soon if I have the chance to fly again. Raining and windy at the moment.

Flew mine today with VPS off having experienced VPS errors since upgrading. You notice how unstable it is near the ground compared when VPS is on but at altitude it was so stable that at one point I was worried the tablet had locked up. I wiggled the sticks just to see the image move.
Good to know the update works for you. But still VPS is a problem. :(

I've also had problems with my P3P after the update. These problems are with VPS on and off
  1. First off it will slowly descend without any input on my part.
  2. The altitude on my app is way off until I land and then it resets at 0
  3. I also got error with VPS (the app told me land immediately)
The altitude being wrong is a real bummer for me. I take pano's at 10 ft increments for my father who flips homes and wants to see what the view looks like from different heights.

I've flown through 5-6 charged batteries with the new firmware and these are the only problems I've run into.

I have flown 6 packs down to 20% on the new firmware and hovering is rock solid, quad doesn't drift more than a couple of inches at 4', or a foot at 15' (out of VPS) I had 20 satellites locked and the P3 was MUCH more stable than my P2 ever was.

I have flown 6 packs down to 20% on the new firmware and hovering is rock solid, quad doesn't drift more than a couple of inches at 4', or a foot at 15' (out of VPS) I had 20 satellites locked and the P3 was MUCH more stable than my P2 ever was.
I just got done with my first flights since the update. Hovers as steady as ever. Almost feels like it flies more aggressively but it was quite windy and I hit 48 mph in the small park I flew in.

No issues here Still cannot figure out if/how the VPS works or not. Sacred to go indoors to tryout

No issues here Still cannot figure out if/how the VPS works or not. Sacred to go indoors to tryout
Do an auto takeoff and when it is in hover at 4' check the VPS icon on the right of the bottom info bar, it will tell you if it is active, as you climb it will indicate when it goes inactive, check your altitude at that point, good to know info.

Works fine on my end after the latest update. No issues with VPS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

It is good to hear the update works for some of you guys. Now that is good news! I would try to calibrate everything again when my P3P is cold to see if it solves the problem. Thanks very much guys for your inputs! :)

I've also had problems with my P3P after the update. These problems are with VPS on and off
The altitude being wrong is a real bummer for me. I take pano's at 10 ft increments for my father who flips homes and wants to see what the view looks like from different heights.

I've flown through 5-6 charged batteries with the new firmware and these are the only problems I've run into.
Had same problems. Called DJI.. all they had me do was send it back. Bummer :-(

Let's hope they are working hard on an update for P3P now to improve VPS.

Had same problems. Called DJI.. all they had me do was send it back. Bummer :-(
Wow. What are they going to do when you send it back, update the firmware for you? :) Come on DJI!

Let's hope they are working hard on an update for P3P now to improve VPS.
DJI needs to fully test their firmware updates before releasing them. With so many problems after this last one ... Don't think they tested it at all. Love the P3 ... DJI's customer service is the worst. They now have people answering the phone (new) but they don't seem to be able to give any real tech support. They had me ship it back. Now I'll be without for 5-6 weeks they tell me. Really? They won't even cross ship a replacement (was more than willing to give them credit card until they received my P3 ) But They Would not! I read somewhere that the founder of DJI was a big fan of Steve Jobs. Well, DJI is No Apple. They could learn a lot from Apple's way of providing suppport.... unfortunately... I can't by a iDrone (Apple Drone) ... at least not yet. I will when they do.

Last edited:
DJI needs to fully test their firmware updates before releasing them. With so many problems after this last one ... Don't think they tested it at all. Love the P3 ... DJI's customer service is the worst. They now have people answering the phone (new) but they don't seem to be able to give any real tech support.
True that. I have been on the chatroom with DJI once also. After many attempts to talk to them, they asked me what happened, I explained and waited, nothing :) I understand that these firmware updates are 50% reliable as the P3 is too new, but what do you do ?!?!

Did another IMU calibration and compass calibration this morning, VPS is on - problem's still there. Also, there was a VPS error popped up on the screen this time. So I turned off VPS, it was a little bit better compared to my existed problem wih unstable hovering like before. I guess I have to turn off VPS everytime now until a new firmware update is released.
The camera gimbal is still extremely stable. I managed to fly around and took awesome pictures at 15km/h wind at 120 metres. All is well except firmware issue. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik