P3P Instability Problems Clarified After 1.2.6 Update

So, there isn't any reason to expect that an uncalibrated tablet compass will have a negative impact on the bird's flight dynamics?

I certainly have reason to think that it could.
When the direction arrows did not agree, I had repeated unstable flights under the prior version of the Pilot app, but whenever they agreed, the flight was stable!
Others have said they have had stable flights in spite of the arrows being off. I didn't.

.......... However, if the Home Point didn't get recorded correctly, the radar center point won't exist or be correct either, or am I missing something? I think they both use the Home Point.
Hmmm, well, yeah, that does sound right. Disregard my last sentence lol!

It does no harm to practice getting the aircraft to return home without FPV. Simon Newton (@Pull_Up) did a video on YouTube once about how to do this.

Can't find the link now, but it went something like this;

Watch the aircraft in the distance and fly it right stick up (ie forward). Now, because it's a speck in the distance, you won't know which way forward is. What you do then is to momentarily give it a bit of yaw and let go but continue with forward motion. Eventually, you will see it flying off to the right (or left, depending upon which way you yawed in the first place. Then you give it a few more seconds of yaw and it will turn towards you.

I practice that sometimes to keep ready for if there's ever a loss of FPV. Of course this only works if you can actually see the phantom!

This one?

I've always been a believer in having a backup to all the automatics, including the aircraft and the tablet. At least the mark 1 eyeball doesn't suffer blue screen of death... ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20