P3P hits New Orleans river bridge and somehow survives

Reaction score
I was flying LOS and totally misjudged distance... P3P hit bridge, tumbled and totally recovered. No damage other than scratches. No cracks. I am one lucky SOB... Never again! http://

Wow! So you hit the bridge and it went crazy but it then started to fly again? You are very, very lucky. I'd consider that your one free pass. Be much more careful next time.

By the way, be prepared to get lectured from the forum safety nazis when they scold you about flying near cars and such. You know its coming...

Reactions: SilverStone641
I was flying LOS and totally misjudged distance... P3P hit bridge, tumbled and totally recovered. No damage other than scratches. No cracks. I am one lucky SOB... Never again!
Whow! -- were you looking at the monitor or direct at the Phanton--- anytime you have an obstruction center screen "brace of impact"

You knocked some pretty big chunks off that bridge.

LOL WOW

No idea how it didn't hit anything on the way out of there. That's insane!!!

I AM very lucky. I was visually watching the P3P and the angle I was at, it looked like it was significantly above the bridge. When I looked down to the iPad, it was too late. I tried to climb, but the bridge was higher than 400'. I'm just glad it didn't fall into the roadway - it's not my intention to fly dangerously and cause damage to others - much less give a reason to regulate our birds even more. But the amazing part is other than some gray paint on my bird, all checked out. I flew another flight with no problems. Steady as could be. IMU calibration was still perfect and no cracks. Checked with magnifying glass. I'm NOT going to buy a lottery ticket - my luck was all used up last night.

I AM very lucky. I was visually watching the P3P and the angle I was at, it looked like it was significantly above the bridge. When I looked down to the iPad, it was too late. I tried to climb, but the bridge was higher than 400'. I'm just glad it didn't fall into the roadway - it's not my intention to fly dangerously and cause damage to others - much less give a reason to regulate our birds even more. But the amazing part is other than some gray paint on my bird, all checked out. I flew another flight with no problems. Steady as could be. IMU calibration was still perfect and no cracks. Checked with magnifying glass. I'm NOT going to buy a lottery ticket - my luck was all used up last night.
Good to hear --- no permanent damage-- at that distance-- you wont have any depth perception-- have to learn to depend more on the IPAD, because you will learn very quickly when you are getting to close and it gives you the time room to back away. It looks very close on the monitor but actually you are a little further away than it appears on screen. I practiced at low altitude by flying the Phantom up to objects visually and then looking in the camera at the picture. There is time to back away if your are not moving forward at a fast clip.

Spektrum 514- I was flying in Algiers on the 4th. I'll upload soon.
Bobmyers - thank you for the advice. Learned quite a lesson. While I would hate to lose my bird, safety always comes first. I pushed my limits and will be more careful in the future. I sure don't want to hurt anyone!
But I have to say, this drone is obviously very resilient. If it hadn't have been so forgiving and tough, it could've caused a serious accident or injury.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj