P3P - Healthy Drones - mode change to "manual" - what is that?

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I was using Litchi (if that matters)...I have flight data that shows at a certain point that the "mode" was changed to "manual" (which could have been associated with signal loss, I'm still investigating).

Yet there really isn't a "manual" flight mode on the P3P.

Anyone know what Healthy Drones is referring to when it says "manual"?

Thanks...

--

Bill

Maybe you switching the flight mode from "p" to "f"? Maybe that's what it's talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm virtually certain I didn't touch the flight mode switch...but I am open to all possibilities.

What had happened is I flew behind some terrain...a large rock...just 100 meters from me, and contact was lost. The Phantom did not return home (it may have hit something even before initiating an RTH, or even before it realized signal was lost).

It was, it seems, at that instant, that "manual mode" was reported...but I don't know if that is Health Drones interpreting something in the wrong way? After all, no "manual" mode exists...

--

Bill

Mine will change to manual shortly after take off alot of the times then switch back to GPS according to healthy drones. Dont know why but it does. Same result whether I'm flying in the city or out in the country.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nollzr,

Do you think the Phantom actually changes its flight mode? Or is the report of "manual" (again, whatever THAT is) simply a Litchi bug?

Thanks

Bill

I wouldn't rely too much on what HD says. For good, proper detailed analysis, use @BudWalker 's Datcon system. It eventually deciphers the result of most incidents. Too many newbies (understandably) jumping on HD info and freaking.
@wsalopek there is another possibility. CsvView can accept the .csv log file that comes from Litchi. If that doesn't give you the info you want then, as @happydays says, you'll have to get the info from the .DAT file.

Your .csv Litchi log file will only be the second time CsvView has been used on an actual end user. Can you zip and then attach it to a post here? If you're feeling really brave you could download, install, and use CsvView by going here.

@wsalopek there is another possibility. CsvView can accept the .csv log file that comes from Litchi. If that doesn't give you the info you want then, as @happydays says, you'll have to get the info from the .DAT file.

Your .csv Litchi log file will only be the second time CsvView has been used on an actual end user. Can you zip and then attach it to a post here? If you're feeling really brave you could download, install, and use CsvView by going here.

Bud,

I'm at work now. I'll try CsvView later today and/or upload.

Thanks.

@wsalopek there is another possibility. CsvView can accept the .

Bud,

I downloaded CsvView (and installed 64 bit Java)...it worked. :)

The flight mode field reported anything other than P-GPS. So that's good.

Still wondering, just out of curiosity, which data field Litchi looks at where the flight mode reported in Litchi, says something other than what it really is...or maybe sometimes (always?) when signal is lost, Litchi reports the flight mode as "manual".

--

Bill

Still wondering, just out of curiosity, which data field Litchi looks at where the flight mode reported in Litchi, says something other than what it really is...or maybe sometimes (always?) when signal is lost, Litchi reports the flight mode as "manual".

--

Bill
I don't understand the question. Maybe flyState is what you're after?

Bud,

I downloaded CsvView (and installed 64 bit Java)...it worked. :)

The flight mode field reported anything other than P-GPS. So that's good.

--

Bill
Did you get what you needed?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan