P3P/HDMI and Download data connection lost issue

Reaction score
**realized I typoed the subject, supposed to be downlink data, not download. Force of habit I guess.**

Hey guys,

So I've had a P3P for a few months now and have had no issues so far. However today, in two separate flights, I lost the "downlink data" (according to HealthyDrones). In one instance I was about 25 feet from the quad and the connection came back after about 10 seconds, however in the other instance I was 2k feet away and lost all data and had to fly back by sight (which was tough because it was almost too far out to see. I got lucky and knew which way it was facing when I lost the data). The data connection never came back until after I landed, and in fact HealthyDrones thinks my flight ended right where the data connection died, which is especially concerning to me. When the connection finally came back after I landed, a new log was created as though it was an entirely different flight. Both times I had full bars as far as TX and Data connections go.

Potentially relevant: just this weekend I installed the new HDMI board and have been using my HeadPlay FPV goggles and am wondering if anyone else has had similar issues? I don't have a huge amount of flights under my belt (about 2 1/2 hours in the air total) but I've never had this issue before installing the new board.

Basically there's no reason I should be losing the connection because the app reports having full bars and I'm not near any interference. In the first instance today I was 25 feet away from the quad and in the middle of a park with no one and nothing else around.

Has anyone had any similar experiences or can at least point me in the right direction as to what's going on?

Thanks very much!

Also posted in the official forums. Trying to figure out if this is unique to my HDMI board.

if it was fine prior to in stalling the board, I would start at the board and check for loose wires, etc.

if it was fine prior to in stalling the board, I would start at the board and check for loose wires, etc.

Will give that a shot. Also people on the official forums are mentioning cross chatter between the two cables coming from the RC.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20