P3P has suspicious marking on side

Reaction score
Just got my second P3P and immediately noticed that the sticker on the side of the actual quad doesn't have the same identification marks / FCC info as my first one but rather a Chinese label (see below) any thoughts on this?

Attachments

• IMG_20170405_171319802.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 777
Just got my second P3P and immediately noticed that the sticker on the side of the actual quad doesn't have the same identification marks / FCC info as my first one but rather a Chinese label (see below) any thoughts on this?
Never seen one like that,,might be a dji lookalike....have you flown it does it go OK...

Not yet, rainy and windy now :( I am doing the firmware updates etc. I bought it off of Amazon (not third party) so I am assuming it came from DJI but not sure. Side by side everything else is identical.

What's clear is that you got a W323B model of P3P.
I've seen this model here in the EU.
It has the FCC ID SS3-WM3231510, release that states the AC gives just 520 mW RF pwr, compared to the original W323 that generates 746 mW.
W323B comes usually in tandem with RC GL300C (FCC ID SS3 - GL3001510) that generates just 303 mW RF pwr, compared to GL300A/B that gives 380 mW.

1st of all buy windsurfers for the RC, to compensate as much as possible the -21% reduced RF pwr from the controller side that uplinks to AC the ctrl signal (left RC antenna), as well better receiving the -31% reduced RF pwr with the video downlink that comes from the AC (right RC antenna)
(percentages relate to AC W323 and RC GL300A/B)

Last edited:
Ask them you want a P3P containing the AC W323 (or in the worse case a W323A), with the RC GL300A or B.
After I've crashed my P3A, I decided to look closer to DJI's offer that contained just the AC + a battery (offer made especially for those who have crashed their bird). Unfortunately their reply contained a dissapointing statement, saying they are sending random P3P's this means it might be the top W323, but it might be too the lower RF powered W323A, or even the much lower RF powered W323B, your model.
So I decided to buy a 2nd hand bird, but I've asked the seller to confirm they offer me a W323.

I have a sticker on the side I'll take a look to see what it looks like and post a pic..yours looks odd tho for sure. Why not just call dji and ask? You can prolly read off the serial number and they should be able to tell you when and where it was built.. or identify if it's a real dji or not..

IF it is a fake.. it's one of the best fakes iv ever seen haha. And you would think there would be copywrite infringement on it lol

I don't think there are any DJI Phantom fakes. I have never seen or heard of them. I have looked.

Don't worry about the higher output of the older birds. I have a W323B and it did 3.2 miles, right out of the box. It could have kept going too. The battery was the thing that made it RTH.

Reactions: Quest-So

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20