P3P gimbal - SD card initializing - Invalid SD card

If I were u hunch, I would wait. I think my friend is on to something checking these boards. He has fixed 3 by replacing the variable resister. He thinks when they overheat and die it is that resister. I have those 3 coming to me to varifiy that they are ok. I will ask him about the SD card reader. Then again, $175 is not a bad price to sell it at.

Ted,
can this friend of yours share this info with couple of us? i can micro solder so why send him the parts if i can do it myself ;)

When I get off this train I will check with him. We are between Florida and Virginia. Click click.
Actually lets see if his repairs work. He does repair I Pads for a living so I am not sure if he will want to give away work. On the other hand I will see what he did. To be continued next week

Late to the party but I just had this same error about an hour ago. Last time I flew was about a week ago and after that I had taken the SD card out to transfer files to my PC. Put in a different SD card tonight and got the SD Card Initializing bit. Rebooted everything including app a couple of times but still no go. Calling it quits for the evening, I Turned everything off and noticed that the vps unit/area was fairly warm when it shouldn't have been coz I didn't fly at all.

Fifteen min, I get the itch to swap out the SD card with a different one, still the same initializing business....take the card out, blow on it, put it back in, turn AC on...and everything is a-OK....

Probably not helpful but the vps was very warm..

any news?? i have the phantom 4 with same problem also i realized that when you insert the sd card sometimes fan doesn't start working and you don't even get video feed from the aircraft,tried 3 different sd cards.

SD-card slot is controlled by Ambarella.

If only some SD-cards are working, this might mean the connection between SD-card slot and the Ambarella chip is weakened, but working.

If no SD-card is working, then the connection to Ambarella is broken, or part of Ambarella chip itself is fried.

If Ambarella is getting some communication from SD-card, but not all - it will usually crash or hang - because SD-card driver inside is buggy and can't properly reset hardware after error.

Since the fan is controlled by Ambarella, and and the FPV feed stream comes from the sensor through Ambarella, these things will stop working when Ambarella goes into reboot loop.

So we understand the issue for quite long time now, because there is more general knowledge available on how things communicate within the drone. Sources:
O-Gs wiki: WM320 Gimbal top board
O-Gs github: dji-hardware-schematics

local repair shop replaced the sd card reader
SD-card slot is controlled by Ambarella.

If only some SD-cards are working, this might mean the connection between SD-card slot and the Ambarella chip is weakened, but working.

If no SD-card is working, then the connection to Ambarella is broken, or part of Ambarella chip itself is fried.

If Ambarella is getting some communication from SD-card, but not all - it will usually crash or hang - because SD-card driver inside is buggy and can't properly reset hardware after error.

Since the fan is controlled by Ambarella, and and the FPV feed stream comes from the sensor through Ambarella, these things will stop working when Ambarella goes into reboot loop.

So we understand the issue for quite long time now, because there is more general knowledge available on how things communicate within the drone. Sources:
O-Gs wiki: WM320 Gimbal top board
O-Gs github: dji-hardware-schematics
if phantom is turned on when i insert the sd card it says sd card initializing, when i insert the sd card and switch on the drone i don't get video feed and it just says no SD card. shop replaced the sd card reader because it was broken and it took like 10tries to get the sdcard inserted before, now it seems like okay but it doesn't work :( i still don't know what to do, do i order the camera board where ambarella chip is or do i take it to another shop to replace the sd card reader ?? also they told me sd card reader was removed from phantom 3 standard and installed on my phantom 4, Thank you

i still don't know what to do, do i order the camera board where ambarella chip is or do i take it to another shop to replace the sd card reader ??

Both sound like viable solutions.
Actually, if a repair shop took money for repairing your drone already, shouldn't any issues be solved by them? It must be very unprofessional shop if they give no warranty. (actually, in many countries that's not even legal)

also they told me sd card reader was removed from phantom 3 standard and installed on my phantom 4, Thank you

I don't know if there are any differences between card slots in these drones.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj