P3P Gimbal motor overload - Cannot fix

Reaction score
This "Gimbal Motor Overload" error had just now shown up when trying to power up the AC. Camera won't stop rotating around and Go App says The error message.

Any suggestions? Is the gimbal toast?

0c67ed29c5a77f593a1f8054b1f3bff1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Is this a brand new Phantom? If not, please give us the backstory. Did you crash it, drop it, try to repair something, etc.?

Did you try this?

What happened before it started giving this error?

There are signs that one motor got stuck or burned or its cable is shorted.

What happened before it started giving this error?

There are signs that one motor got stuck or burned or its cable is shorted.

Only thing I can think of is that I had to valet check my drone bag on a flight (my case is a soft case) and when I opened the case the camera had popped off. I put it back on and had a successful flight but something is up.

Last edited:
I had to valet check my drone bag on a flight (my case is a soft case) and when I opened the case the camera had popped off. I put it back on and had a successful flight but something is up.
Ah, well, things are making more sense now. It sounds like your Phantom took a big hit somewhere. I'd recommend you send it in for repair if the adjustment in the video above does not resolve your issue.

Ah, well, things are making more sense now. It sounds like your Phantom took a big hit somewhere. I'd recommend you send it in for repair if the adjustment in the video above does not resolve your issue.

It's better after the YouTube fix as the camera isn't going crazy. But I still get the gimbal overload error. It goes between "normal" and the error.

Who is recommended for repairs by this forum?

You can find some repair shops here.

Glad I found this old thread. After a drop to the ground from about 3 feet I had been dealing with a camera tilted to the right on startup for the past few months. I had been just recalibrating the gimbal after start each time to get it level. Today I bumped the phantom during camera initialization and the shaking along with "Gimbal Motor Overload" started. It took a few gimbal calibrations to get it to work, but I knew I had to do something. The video above that msinger posted nearly two years ago was exactly what I needed. My motor shaft was misaligned just like in the video. Five minutes later I was back to normal.

Thanks msinger!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub