P3P Follow Me Mode

Reaction score
Hi all, if you are using the Follow Mode and you came to a hill you wanted to ascend, would the P3P self adjust the height as you were ascending or would it stay at the height you set it to in the app ?. Am I correct in thinking that the Quad calculates the height from the RC constantly ?. Thanks in advance.

Quad will not calculate the height automatically in DJI Follow me mode..

Glad I asked as I was going to try it out on a hill climb and wasn't sure if it would end up flying into the hillside the higher up I went.

In Follow me mode and Tracking apps site elevations and GPS satellites seen by the devices are very important planning parameters. Inaccurate elevation and heights of other on the way obstructions' estimations may lead to crashes.

It will... but only to a degree that it probably won't prevent a crash.

If you have VPS turned on the P3 will attempt to stay about 10 feet above the ground as it gets lower. However, this is not very accurate or fast. So there is a _good_ possibility that it will still hit something.

So it's always best to set a safe height before ascending up a hill then. I understand it now. Thanks for the heads up.

It will... but only to a degree that it probably won't prevent a crash.

If you have VPS turned on the P3 will attempt to stay about 10 feet above the ground as it gets lower. However, this is not very accurate or fast. So there is a _good_ possibility that it will still hit something.
I would definitely avoid using VPS on hilly area and in bright area where the ground may have uneven surfaces or covered with snow.

Autopilot from Autoflight Logic would account for height changes provided its not in front and the incline too steep as it uses the iPhone or iPads barometer or GPS receiver for altitude.

Thanks SDH. Thats food for thought as somewhere down the line I was thinking of purchasing Autopilot. I have read a lot of good things about Autopilot on this site and others.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic