P3P firmware update, limp gimbal, flashing red battery light

I wouldn't be in a hurry to upgrade - after perfect flying for months the latest version introduced a lot of GPS issues for me and cause the drone to fly off - had to land it hard. Previous version seems the best in my view. Or the version that came with the bird at launch!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If rolling back to 1.6 on sd card doesnt work try this,

Redownload ur 1.6, extract the .bin n put it on the sd, if it doesnt work try the force updating.

Like a normal update, but before turnin the quad on, there is a lil whole to press with a pen( on the right of the green or red light on the vps system)

Look it up on youtube

This should force downgrade it to 1.6

The only thing that I can think of the might have caused this is that I might have had the RC controller on while it was updating. If that causes it to brick my bird, I am going to be pissed at DJI for having this issue. Their documentation does not show it has to be off but other instructions I have seen from others say it should.

Has anyone ever tried to interrupt an update to the firmware INTENTIONALLY.
What I mean by this is to turn the phantom on and remove the sd card while updating the firmware.
The phantom will go into an error mode indicated by a constant red light on the front of the gimbal.
Reinstall a previous version of the firmware from sd card that you had before. I did this before and it worked for me...the install of the previous firmware will take a lot longer FYI.

I'm having the same problem of the post.
I guy told me that I could downgrade the firmware utilizing de sd card on the mainboard but a lot of others have saId that this is impossible.

Anyone have solved this problem?

Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4