P3P Firmware update "Henny Penny"

Reaction score
So not long ago, maybe the last week of May, I read in Phantom Pilot's forum "Last Week's Popular Topics" but did not save this particular post but the topic was "New Firmware Update!" So I'm not one to be constantly, day by day, minute by minute, scoping out online if there's a new update for my P3P or not but there it was "New Firmware Update!" so made a mental note to update my P3P soon. So today, June 12 2016, I go to update my P3P and note the last "official" DJI.com update for the P3P was 4/7/2016... that's APRIL 7th, but hey, I download it anyways just in case I missed something, but I verified it against what's already on my P3P and what the filename was for my last P3P firmware update download filename was... they both matched... there was NO new update but nooooo, I decided to update my P3P with the 4/7/2016 firmware update... all I got was a constant red LED and a constant long beeeeeeeeep... error error Will Robinson! So I delete the P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin file off my microSD card that was in my P3P, reinserted the microSD card into the P3P, boot the P3P back up, green light, life is good, good to go.

Here's my complaint with its very own solution (plus note to self) when someone goes on the Phantom Pilots forum and says "New Firmware Update!", I will go to DJI.com and verify that it is indeed a new update and not someone announcing to the world that there's a "New Firmware Update!" but hasn't who hasn't seen the ball since kickoff.

Of course this will generate a collective "Derr!" from everyone here but it just frosts my cake, cooks my goose I tell you, that I allow myself to get suckered into believing that when my fellow drone pilots announce as there is a "New Firmware Update!", double check just in case they were simply behind the power curve.

Let the flame posts begin!

DJI GO will alert you when there is a new firmware update install. If you want to live the easy life, then sit back and wait for those update messages to appear in DJI GO ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.