P3P eBay Deal of the Day for $799

It is called false advertising. That is why I care....How do you drive up sales and the price for a product, by reducing the supply, or the perception of what the supply is. The ads from the other buyers don't say that, like this one:

"More than 10 available / 11 sold"
"More than 10 available / 284 sold"

I checked even more ads, no other ad says "limited quantities" although they all surely have limited quantities. As I said, I hate false or misleading ads. Reminds of a guy I read about that takes his cell phone in when ordering a sandwich from Subway or whatever. He shows them a picture of the sandwich from the ad and says he wants one of them. When they bring in the sandwich which never looks like the ad, he makes them add whatever is missing to make it look like the one in the picture. Maybe we should all do that :)
Well if you don't like it you can always "vote with your feet."

But indeed they are getting unloaded. The big question is if sales slow at $799 how low will the price go? Now I'm referring to all sellers. Next year, 2017, it will be the same story with the P4.

Future P4 owner in 2017 right here [emoji12] for $799 [emoji38] but my money is tighter than some.. For those who can swing it, awesome!

I'd like to see someone post after they receive it to confirm. I noticed the seller hasn't received feedback on any since they went up for sale. I would wait another week to see.

I'd like to see someone post after they receive it to confirm. I noticed the seller hasn't received feedback on any since they went up for sale. I would wait another week to see.
The feedback should start coming in. A lot of times, with tech items the buyer will wait to provide feedback until the return period is over. This is a camera shop and if you look at their feedback they have sold numerous DJI products in the past.

Well if you don't like it you can always "vote with your feet."

But indeed they are getting unloaded. The big question is if sales slow at $799 how low will the price go? Now I'm referring to all sellers. Next year, 2017, it will be the same story with the P4.

I prefer to vote with my mouth, or keyboard, by alerting people to fraudulent practices. If I just walk away from a "deal", I am the only one to win or lose in the situation. If I let others know, they can possibly benefit, just like my story with BuyDig above. Part of the power of these forums is helping steer us towards preferred vendors like what the Phantom Help guy does and at the same time, we should try and spread the word about vendors to avoid.

What you might have missed was the fact I had no way (nor would anyone else) of knowing if there was truly a limited quantity or not. I placed my order with him thinking he was down to his last few or last dozen or whatever and I wouldn't have long to pull the trigger. Only after I saw that he continued to claim limited quantities even after selling twice as many more with no end in sight that I thought something was fishy.

Have you ever bought something thinking it was your last chance? Part of Salesman 101 training is to lead a customer into thinking it is a "now or never" proposition. Force them to sign on the line now or tomorrow the deal is gone. Had a guy over here making a purchase Saturday. We got to talking about the Honda dealer down the street he had gone to with the intent to purchase a new car. The salesman gave him his lowest, best buy of the century price, etc. etc. BSBS. He asked to speak to a manager or someone to get a lower price. Salesman wasn't having that and told him again it was the lower price, period.

He left the dealership without buying the car. An hour after he got home, the phone rang, guess what....a lower price was offered, $3K lower.

I don't think he has had the price low enough, long enough for people to have gotten them yet. He is shipping FedEx Ground, and even if you weren't far from Queens, it would take a couple days to get there. eBay is reporting mine will arrive Tuesday, the 15th, but entering the tracking number at FedEx says it will be here Friday. Since my BuyDig shipment was from basically the same place, I expect the same 4 business days and it seems to be the case.

I prefer to vote with my mouth, or keyboard, by alerting people to fraudulent practices. If I just walk away from a "deal", I am the only one to win or lose in the situation. If I let others know, they can possibly benefit, just like my story with BuyDig above. Part of the power of these forums is helping steer us towards preferred vendors like what the Phantom Help guy does and at the same time, we should try and spread the word about vendors to avoid.

What you might have missed was the fact I had no way (nor would anyone else) of knowing if there was truly a limited quantity or not. I placed my order with him thinking he was down to his last few or last dozen or whatever and I wouldn't have long to pull the trigger. Only after I saw that he continued to claim limited quantities even after selling twice as many more with no end in sight that I thought something was fishy.

Have you ever bought something thinking it was your last chance? Part of Salesman 101 training is to lead a customer into thinking it is a "now or never" proposition. Force them to sign on the line now or tomorrow the deal is gone. Had a guy over here making a purchase Saturday. We got to talking about the Honda dealer down the street he had gone to with the intent to purchase a new car. The salesman gave him his lowest, best buy of the century price, etc. etc. BSBS. He asked to speak to a manager or someone to get a lower price. Salesman wasn't having that and told him again it was the lower price, period.

He left the dealership without buying the car. An hour after he got home, the phone rang, guess what....a lower price was offered, $3K lower.
Yes, I understand.

I've never sold hundreds of the same item on eBay. I'm guessing that when the seller states he has x amount of widgets eBay puts the tag on it limited amount or whatever. I sold a few of the same item and it states exactly how many I have left, such as last one. eBay makes their money by people selling stuff. If they said more than 10,000 left people wouldn't be in a hurry to buy thinking the price could go lower. But they do have a limited supply, even if it is 1,000. But their tactics worked as you got yours right away so you wouldn't "miss out." Sure it's the same for many others.

Good grief. We'll find out soon enough. I'll be happy to report the seller as a fraud if he is (in which case I'll get protection from eBay/PayPal) or to report it was a great deal.

So you'd rather he say "more than 10 available" when he has hundreds? That would be more misleading. He's gotta put a caveat that he has a limited quantity in case the auction over sells his stock. Pretty sure he didn't have deceptive intentions.
Being an eBay Power Seller myself, eBay probably only lets him list a certain quantity until he reaches his max $$$ quota, I'm only allowed to list $20k of merchandise at a time before I hit my quota.

Being an eBay Power Seller myself, eBay probably only lets him list a certain quantity until he reaches his max $$$ quota, I'm only allowed to list $20k of merchandise at a time before I hit my quota.
That, very likely, could be the case. But being supply is always going to affect the price, eBay would be out of its mind to say "several hundreds left."

That, very likely, could be the case. But being supply is always going to affect the price, eBay would be out of its mind to say "several hundreds left."
There's actually an app you can pay to use on eBay that will purposely keep your stock quantities low to encourage buyers to snatch it up quickly, then it automatically adds additional quantities of the item as it's depleted. A buyer is more likely to purchase an item if it says "Last One" than 300 remaining because they wouldn't want the last one to get away ;).

EDIT: Ooops, I guess I Kinda summarized what you said above LOL.

Reactions: shorttimer
There's actually an app you can pay to use on eBay that will purposely keep your stock quantities low to encourage buyers to snatch it up quickly, then it automatically adds additional quantities of the item as it's depleted. A buyer is more likely to purchase an item if it says "Last One" than 300 remaining because they wouldn't want the last one to get away ;).

EDIT: Ooops, I guess I Kinda summarized what you said above LOL.
We're kind of getting off topic but I will tell you my experience. I sell items that are parts say 50 years old. I used to list the exact amount I had of a certain part, such as 30. I found that when I listed that i had quite a few of them people would most always e-mail and ask me for a lower price figuring I had a bunch of them. If I list that I have say 2, then that rarely, if ever, happens.So I always make it a habit to never list a quantity greater than 2. Just my experience.

But I think this deal for the P3P is an excellent deal currently. I wouldn't hesitate at all to get it if I was in the market for one, but I currently have 2 P3As.

Reactions: ryantrax
I received an e-mail from ebay today stating my P3P from this deal shipped, along with the tracking number. When I click on the FedEx tracking number, it shows a package that was delivered already on 3/1/16. I would like to get my real tracking number so I can be sure I'm home when it comes and was wondering if anyone else got the same thing? I'll be contacting the seller and will report back.

I received an e-mail from ebay today stating my P3P from this deal shipped, along with the tracking number. When I click on the FedEx tracking number, it shows a package that was delivered already on 3/1/16. I would like to get my real tracking number so I can be sure I'm home when it comes and was wondering if anyone else got the same thing? I'll be contacting the seller and will report back.
That has happened to me before with FedEx, wait till the morning, FedEx recycles tracking numbers.

I got the email yesterday. My tracking number shows it has left NY and will be arriving in CO this Friday.
I have flown Syma X5 and X8 for the last 5 months, and just could not resist the $799 deal.
Now could someone please let me know where I can get all the tutorial material, the how-to, the training... for a P3P newbie? Many thanks.

I got the email yesterday. My tracking number shows it has left NY and will be arriving in CO this Friday.
I have flown Syma X5 and X8 for the last 5 months, and just could not resist the $799 deal.
Now could someone please let me know where I can get all the tutorial material, the how-to, the training... for a P3P newbie? Many thanks.
PhantomHelp.com is a place to find everything at one place.

Reactions: Tony Cowan
For those of you that are considering this offer and have signed up for eBay bucks the deal would probably be even sweeter. Usually eBay bucks is 2% back but today and tomorrow they are offering 5X eBay bucks which means you would get 10% of your purchase price back in an eBay coupon. Check your email as most people I know are getting it or it might even be on your eBay page. You hve to activate the offer. Not everybody is getting the offer but most are. If you got the offer that would be an additional $80 off the price as opposed to just $16.

Buy on...

Looking at the connectivity section of the sellers page, it says wifi doesn't say anything in the description about light bridge. Are we sure this is the professional and not the wifi version. I may have have missed something here. I'm looking at pulling the trigger for this as well but wanna be sure of what I'm buying

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's a professional, no doubt about it. Many of us contacted the seller and it was in fact confirmed.

Whoa, just got confirmation that mine is arriving tomorrow. That's fast. Will let you know.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1