P3P doesn't refresh GPS Home Point

Reaction score
Today I experienced the fear of a fly away, having lost video/radio control of the drone at 600 meters (2 Km, yeahh right...).
The return to home activated, but to my horror there was no home for it to come back to!
Later, some telemetry reappeared (distance and speed) and it was going full speed away from me, 1650 meters!
I was able to briefly turn it around, and reduce the distance to 1300m, but then it lost r/c signal again.

I must be the luckiest Phantom pilot alive, because after 10 long minutes trying to get a signal and reducing the distance, the drone suddenly appeared behind me, on the opposite direction I was expecting it to return...

Since I bought a second battery, I've noticing the Phantom does not always refresh the Home Point, even after turning everything off (drone, app and rc) and restarting at a different place.

Please.
What do I need to do to successfully refresh the Phantom Home Point?
What am I doing wrong?
Could it be the app not clearing its cache, although I reset it?

Today I experienced the fear of a fly away, having lost video/radio control of the drone at 600 meters (2 Km, yeahh right...).
The return to home activated, but to my horror there was no home for it to come back to!
Later, some telemetry reappeared (distance and speed) and it was going full speed away from me, 1650 meters!
I was able to briefly turn it around, and reduce the distance to 1300m, but then it lost r/c signal again.

I must be the luckiest Phantom pilot alive, because after 10 long minutes trying to get a signal and reducing the distance, the drone suddenly appeared behind me, on the opposite direction I was expecting it to return...

Since I bought a second battery, I've noticing the Phantom does not always refresh the Home Point, even after turning everything off (drone, app and rc) and restarting at a different place.

Please.
What do I need to do to successfully refresh the Phantom Home Point?
What am I doing wrong?
Could it be the app not clearing its cache, although I reset it?
Did you have video signal or you lost both? or was the video coming in and out?

I lost video and r/c signal roughly at the same time.
It didn't even gave me the time to turn around, as I usually do when it happens.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic