P3P disconnects from app frequently

I had the same problem. Replaced my cable and it was good. (My old cable still sits in my truck, works great for charging and Pandora so I'm not sure why it has problems with my P3 but it did).

I m experiencing the same issue since long time ago... (the screen comes black and says disconnected...) , even at short range flights and even with different phones / usb cables. I ve noticed that
1) I can control the drone, it's just a problem of the "app"/camera view
2) This problem may happen either minutes after take off or when it is landed before taking off, indifferently and randomly.
3) I tried to move the cable... never disconnected while moving it...
4) tried different firmwares in the drone (P3A), different versions of the DJI app, on different phones (samsung s4 "was the worst", samsung s3-neo, meizu m2 note mini)..pretty the same unpredictable issue.
5) After disconnect, after a 30-60secs of terror, the video signal USUALLY auto-reconnect, or, I can detach and re-attach the cable to make the app reconnect to the video/data signal (dangerous!!!)..
6) Soon after the connection is lost , having the latest versions of the app installed, make the drone come to the base quickly... of course you can stop the going home procedure when the signal is back.
6) It feels unsafe to fly long distance away having this issue, so I am very disappointed and thinking about to contact dji support...
7) With my previous drone (P2V+) I never experienced those disconnection and felt much safer...

I m experiencing the same issue since long time ago... (the screen comes black and says disconnected...) , even at short range flights and even with different phones / usb cables. I ve noticed that
1) I can control the drone, it's just a problem of the "app"/camera view
2) This problem may happen either minutes after take off or when it is landed before taking off, indifferently and randomly.
3) I tried to move the cable... never disconnected while moving it...
4) tried different firmwares in the drone (P3A), different versions of the DJI app, on different phones (samsung s4 "was the worst", samsung s3-neo, meizu m2 note mini)..pretty the same unpredictable issue.
5) After disconnect, after a 30-60secs of terror, the video signal USUALLY auto-reconnect, or, I can detach and re-attach the cable to make the app reconnect to the video/data signal (dangerous!!!)..
6) Soon after the connection is lost , having the latest versions of the app installed, make the drone come to the base quickly... of course you can stop the going home procedure when the signal is back.
6) It feels unsafe to fly long distance away having this issue, so I am very disappointed and thinking about to contact dji support...
7) With my previous drone (P2V+) I never experienced those disconnection and felt much safer...
Experiencing the EXACT same thing. Been trying every trick in the book but still get disconnected sporadically. Impossible to say when or what causes it. It can happen when ever... Even though it happens at almost every flight I still get f***ing nervous when it does. Since I'm VERY experienced on this issue I can say that you will not lose connection between RC and drone when it happens. It's just a video link issue. No problem disconnecting the cord. I've done it a thousand times. Even changed from phone to tablet while flying. BTW, the switch doesn't sort the issue but I was desperate...

The ONLY thing that seems to help is landing and re-booting everything. Might be necessary to re-boot more then one time before restoring feed. Once up and running again i NEVER get disconnected again.

The disconnection issue has appeared with all of the four latest firmwares. It can't be unknown to DJI that it happens so either they haven't tried to adress the issue with upgrades or they dont care...

If anyone sits on the final "fix" that will DEFINITELY sort this issue you're most welcome to share it! The cord or re-pairing controller is not the solution, nor is there any loose cords on the drone and flying in airplane mode just leaves with you loosing the google minimap which is also scary... :eek:

Last edited:
Experiencing the EXACT same thing. Been trying every trick in the book but still get disconnected sporadically. Impossible to say when or what causes it. It can happen when ever... Even though it happens at almost every flight I still get f***ing nervous when it does. Since I'm VERY experienced on this issue I can say that you will not lose connection between RC and drone when it happens. It's just a video link issue. No problem disconnecting the cord. I've done it a thousand times. Even changed from phone to tablet while flying. BTW, the switch doesn't sort the issue but I was desperate...

The ONLY thing that seems to help is landing and re-booting everything. Might be necessary to re-boot more then one time before restoring feed. Once up and running again i NEVER get disconnected again.

The disconnection issue has appeared with all of the four latest firmwares. It can't be unknown to DJI that it happens so either they haven't tried to adress the issue with upgrades or they dont care...

If anyone sits on the final "fix" that will DEFINITELY sort this issue you're most welcome to share it! The cord or re-pairing controller is not the solution, nor is there any loose cords on the drone and flying in airplane mode just leaves with you loosing the google minimap which is also scary... :eek:
I'm having the same disconnect problem with my P3A. It never happened until the last couple of firmware updates. I can get it back by re-booting, but it disconnects shortly after takeoff or when I try to engage to video . This is **** frustrating and has to be addressed by DJI. I have changed the cable, re-calibrated the IMU and gimble several times but nothing helps. It can't go un-noticed by DJI as there are so many cases of it happening. If anyone has any more solutions I could try, I'm game.

Having these issues, as stated before, I now rarely use my P3A drone. Still have not sent it to dji for warranty repairing but... have re-linked the controller following the procedure written on the manual AND changed the USB cable with a very good one... results are: since I tested only few times, I still cannot say it's definitely solved, but during my test flights the problem of disconnecting never re-appeared... try to re-link your controller !!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4