P3P disaster

Reaction score
Last few times I have used P3P I have had major problems. After calibrating and taking off to a height of only one metre the Phantom starts flying round and round in circles and then off its own accord starts flying off. To prevent a major accident my gut reaction has to be to pull it down and it has then gone skidding along the ground until it stops, but rotors still flying round and round upside down.
Today I lifted it when rotors were still flying round and it cut a big gouge out of my arm.
The motors are now seized due to muck and grit getting into then. Don't know what has caused this problem, and don't know what to do to put the drone back to a state of reliable good health. My confidence is completely knocked with this. Off to Accident and Emergency to get some stitches in my arm [emoji36]

Never good to be whacked by your drone. You'll need to start diagnostics with those motors and props to get the clean and free of any grit dirt or sand first before check the other components. Did you have GPS signals before take off and were your switches in the correct position?

Drifting in circles sounds suspiciously like a compass problem.
One thing to investigate is where you have been calibrating your compass.
Is the area clear of possible magnetic fields caused by steel objects?
i-4MMxVZq-L.jpg

Reactions: Fplvert
Had full GPS signal before takeoff, so really not sure what happened. I also calibrated and it gave the usual green signal for ready to fly. How do I check the diagnostics for the motors?

Yes ... you calibrated.
But was it a good calibration ... nowhere near anything steel that can screw up your calibration?
Nowhere concrete with steel reinforcing etc.

I always check the compass mod number before taking off. Should be somewhere between 1300-1600. Do you know what your reading was?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj