P3P created video looks terrible

Reaction score
I don't know what you call this .. I recorded my daughter and my nephew playing in the backyard and created a video using go app and viewed it in my photo album and the video turns out like this.

It looked fine during the recording session. After creating movie it looks terrible. Any fix? I'm using nvidia shield k1 tablet. Recorded at 4k 30 fps.

What setting did you use to process it?

What settings were your camera set to in the DJi GO App? What resolution, 1080p, 4k, etc? Also, you should be recording to the SD Card in the P3P and you should be using that recording to view on a computer (remove SD card and place into a computer). I believe you may be viewing the 480p footage that's saved to the phone/tablet in the GO app instead?

Also, in my opinion you are flying a bit too aggressively for being that close to your subjects, just me 2 cents though.

I don't understand why the color keeps switching from dark to light. You can see it starting from the top of the video moving its way down

It looks overly pixelated to me. Is this the video cached in the DJI Go app, or did you download it from the microSD card in the Phantom's camera?

If it's the former, that's your problem. The version of the video transmitted back to your controller and cached in the app is of low quality.

I don't know what you're asking me. I know zero things about camera work

This is beyond casual advice. I suggest you take a quick course in shooting and processing P3P video...perhaps with Udemy.com, then come back and ask questions.

Hi JLgti.
Ok, so unless you have a UHD TV, recording in 4K is utterly pointless. So if you don't, change the recording setting in GO to HD, which is 1080P and set the shutter speed to 25fps. Try recording and see how that goes. If you do have a buy a USB adapter like this one...
Anker USB 3.0 Card Reader 8-in-1 for SDXC, SDHC, SD: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
Then take out the SD Card from the camera mount, pop it into the adapter and put the adapter into a USB socket in the TV and you'll be able to view the full resolution videos.
Have you read the manual? Watched the DJI tutorial videos? If not, I strongly suggest you do, as not understanding what is recorded on the app vs. the SD Card is very basic knowledge.

Hi JLgti.
Ok, so unless you have a UHD TV, recording in 4K is utterly pointless. So if you don't, change the recording setting in GO to HD, which is 1080P and set the shutter speed to 25fps.
I disagree, at least slightly. It's more complex than that. Not having an ultra-high def TV now doesn't mean he won't in the future. Most TVs now being made above a certain size are UHDTVs, so shooting in 4K will preserve quality for down the road.

Also, 25 fps isn't a shutter speed, it's a frame rate. And it's a frame rate used in much of Europe, but if he's in the U.S. or Canada or a number of other countries, 30 fps is the standard and he'd probably want to use that.

Getting into setting a shutter speed in manual exposure mode and then using filters to control the exposure is probably too complex for the OP at this point.

That said, my advice to the OP would be to watch some YouTube tutorials for drone photography. There are some good ones. Maybe start with one from Tom's Tech Time channel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pegasus Robin
...agreed!

I'm pretty sure the OP used the GO App to edit then YouTube upload the 480p captured video snippet that gets stored in the GO App as opposed to the full 4K video stored on the SD card.

I'm pretty sure the OP used the GO App to edit then YouTube upload the 480p captured video snippet that gets stored in the GO App as opposed to the full 4K video stored on the SD card.

Spot on. I'll look up some tutorials on this too

Problem fixed... don't use an android tablet. I bought a nvidia shield k1 tablet for flying since I've read good things about it. I tried again with my iPad and problem went away. Maybe I needed to adjust some settings on my nvidia tablet?

Problem fixed... don't use an android tablet. I bought a nvidia shield k1 tablet for flying since I've read good things about it. I tried again with my iPad and problem went away. Maybe I needed to adjust some settings on my nvidia tablet?
The main takeaway is that the video cached in the DJI Go app is low quality. You want to use the video that's recorded to the microSD card on the drone.

And if you haven't changed the card from the one that came with the drone, or downloaded and deleted video from that card, it will fill up sooner rather than later, especially if you're shooting 4K video to the provided (low capacity) card.

There's no way to change this in the setting?
No, the video that's transmitted by radio hundreds or thousands of feet back to the app is always going to be crap quality compared with video that is recorded directly to the microSD card in the camera.

If you haven't already, pull the card, plug it into your computer, transfer the video and have a look at it for yourself.

Reactions: JLgti
Do not use the video recorded in your tablet, it's s**t quality.
Only use the video recorded in your micro SD card. Copy to a computer and edit them there before uploading to YouTube.
Did you RTFM? (Read the flight manual :p)

Reactions: Mr. Salty

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj