P3p crashed

Reaction score
Yesterday I was flying as usual, and everything was fine. I was about 1,200 feet away and 150ft up with line of sight. My screen showed loss signal so I started walking toward it trying to restore signal. I waited and hit return home but nothing. Finally got in the car and drive around and found it crashed on a sidewalk. It didn't hit anything and wasn't at the home point. It just fell right out of the sky. I had 68% battery so it wasn't that. I had 17 satellites and everything was updated. Camera broke off the gimbal and one motor seems pretty bad. I put it in healthy drones and I don't see anything out of the ordinary. Of course the sd card cuts out before the crash...any thoughts?

A bird hit it maybe? Seagulls alway attack/threaten my P3 but haven't yet hit it. I always wonder if a big bird does hit it will the motors stop? Or will they fight to keep the P3 airborn?

That's a good thought but there weren't any birds at all. It's almost as if the motor just gave out. I've only had it a month and take really good care of it so it's odd

When you fly it out of eyesight you always run the risk of "not knowing" how it went down. Sorry for your loss.

From the sound of it no-one here will be able to shed much light on a probable cause.
Something stopped working - but what it was is hard to say.
Go here: Tech Support | DJI
and click on the blue P3 tech support icon on the right of the screen.
Have a chat with the folks there and they should point you in the right direction.
They will be able to extract data from the "black box recorder" and take it from there.

Reactions: swoopair
Can you pls connect to the bird via usb and download the flight logs and post them here so that people can analyse them. Your case is one of too many that i read here every day now, i belive there is a serious defect with the Phantom 3s and someone from DJI should have decency to ether fix the FW or recall them

Can you pls connect to the bird via usb and download the flight logs and post them here so that people can analyse them. Your case is one of too many that i read here every day now, i belive there is a serious defect with the Phantom 3s and someone from DJI should have decency to ether fix the FW or recall them
Sure, I will post them. Should I pot the log or flight record?

Look at the battery. One cell seems wayyy off. I always charge my battery correctly and make sure they're balanced before flight

I don't think the cell imbalance is what did it. I have more deviations than that sometimes and no issues because of it.

So you lost signal and could still see it flying which is why you walked in the direction of the quad? And was it still in the air when you left in your car?

So you lost signal and could still see it flying which is why you walked in the direction of the quad? And was it still in the air when you left in your car?
Yeah I could see it flying and was walking closer but could not regain signal I hit rth but nothing by the time I ran to my car(30seconds?) I couldn't see it and when I drive there (1-2minutes) it was on the ground. My flight log shows it sitting still then spinning and that's it. It was 128 feet way about trees or light poles. One motor is really hard to spin. I'm wondering if it's that

I wonder if those power lines along Bloxam could have interfered with the signal?
The compass abnormality might agree with that.

Yeah I could see it flying and was walking closer but could not regain signal I hit rth but nothing
Have you used RTH before?
Did you properly initiate RTH? You have to press and hold the button - not just press it.
Everyone should practise RTH before they need it so they know how to use it.

Ahhh possible. Where do you see the compass abnormality? I was far about them but it's a possibility

Have you used RTH before?
Did you properly initiate RTH? You have to press and hold the button - not just press it.
Everyone should practise RTH before they need it so they know how to use it.
Yeah I've used it, just as practice to understand how it worked. I've never used it in real world though

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik