P3P crashed today, need help please

Reaction score
Good evening everyone,

I hate to write my first message for this kind of topic...

I was flying my P3P with a friend who has a P4. I was at 20m height and he was at 14m. We don't know what happened but at one point they seemed to touch each other and my P3P crashed. By reviewing the data on the dji app we can see that both drones never were at the same height, so we don't know what happened.
My video on the sd card is corrupted and I'll try to debug it with the djifix tool to maybe have more infos.

My concerns are the following:
1) it seems that just the shell is damaged (see picture). The motors are functioning and the camera too. I don't have error messages on the dji go app. Do you think I can try to make the P3P fly in order to see if everything is ok?
2) if we give you the flight logs, can you check what happened ? Or can dji help us?

Thanks you very much for your help guys!!
58260ec1dbb30228b2cd24a67766fbb4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

We don't know what happened but at one point they seemed to touch each other and my P3P crashed.
What makes you think they touched? Did you visually see them touch? Or, was it too hard to see from your viewpoint?

Do you think I can try to make the P3P fly in order to see if everything is ok?
You should be able to fly it if the props clear the shell. If they are close to the shell, I would not risk it.

He said they appeared to touch but the app said they were never technically at the same altitude. Sounds to me like the two barometers were not perfectly synced (they're far from perfect), and they did crash into each other but the app is reporting inconsistently between the two AC's

Yes, I saw what he said. I'm just wondering why he is asking us if they touched if he saw them touch :)

FYI, the altitude displayed in DJI GO is an estimate. It's not always 100% accurate.

Reactions: Moose
We heard a touching. I just saw the video and it seems that my P3P went straight on the P4...

Mystery solved then.

Reactions: Moose
The P3P flight and everything seems to work properly. O guess I got very lucky. Just need to buy a new Shell...

Yep, it just seemed like there was confusion when the app was reviewed. Not realizing the barometer is far from accurate.

if you need help re-shelling let me know. i offer service of re-shelling a P3 for $160 with new shell and shipping back in conus included.
i've done north of 200 P3 re-shells now.
Located in MN

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj