P3P crash

Reaction score
I'm new to this. I had to send my p3p to DJI for repairs after a crash. I was told it would be approx. 7-8 weeks turnaround time. My question is: during that time if the new firmware comes out, will they update it for me before they ship it back to me?

Sometime they do. Sometimes they don't. It would be best to check the version in the DJI GO app when you get it back.

Thanks msinger. I figured as much. But one would think after having it 7-8 weeks that's the least they could do. I was really disappointed with the turnaround time for repair. The cost was fair 179.00 considering I broke the gimbal completely off the aircraft and severed the ribbon cable. However the long turnaround tells me they have outsold what they can repair. Thanks again

However the long turnaround tells me they have outsold what they can repair.
I'm baffled on this one. They have a ton of repairs in the queue and are making money by doing the repairs. You'd think they would want to hire more repair techs to increase their profit.

I am not sure there is a lot of profit in for them in the repair. I might be wrong, but aren't they do the repairs in China? If that is the case the majority of time and money goes into the shipping. With the amount of birds out, one woild think they would have authorized service centers in strategic locations to get the turn around time down. As the brand matures these thrings will probably improve.

It looks like DJI charges the customer for everything -- included the return shipping. It's probably not as profitable as selling the Phantom, but I doubt they are losing money on repair work.

Paid Repair Service | DJI

Last edited:
There is a difference between "not a lot of profit" and "loosing money" which I never said.
So far ( knock on wood ) i did not need their services to have the whole experience most say it supposed to be horrible.
If given a choice, assumgly DJI would rather not doing repairs (and loosing this income stream) but with tech products this choice doesn't really exist and would be corporate suicide.

There is a difference between "not a lot of profit" and "loosing money" which I never said.
You got it. I was just sharing my thoughts. I hope that's okay to do here too ;)

Repair work is a necessary evil when selling quadcopters. As long as DJI is not losing money on repairs, then it's a no-brainer to hire more staff to get the repairs out the door faster.

I am with you all the way and only wanted to clarify my opinion. Yes it would be wonderful if they did and they might over time. Hiring more staff in China would be one way, creating "local" service centers another. But they need to feel the need to improve in this department and this line of thought seems to be harder to develop for them as it is not the typical strategy you see from Chinese companies. As they are becoming much more a global player than a domestic supplier, I have high hopes the mentality will eventually change more toward terms of clients expectations rather than typical business practices they are used to. It is a learning curve for them and any other company staking out their claim in the global market place.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic