P3P Crash

I was thinking to a bird too but dalebb video shows a similar sudden flip caused by a motor going out. Strange on a brand new machine though...

I went back and did a second video edit - this time I slowed the video down to 30%. No bird strike. My son would have seen it, and I was close enough that I would have seen something.

Again, the blob entering from the left is definitely the prop.

Yep after watching it in your slow motion video it is the prop, and kids don't miss a trick in my opinion so im very interested to see what the out come from dji is for you on this. Hope it gets sorted for you anyway.

Even if there was interference from a wifi router it wouldn't cause something that abrupt to happen, right? Something definitely failed massively and instantly. I'm still betting on a motor locking up.

Reactions: leekiya
How about an answer to the question about WiFi being upstairs?
What other kind of radio interference do you have going on there? Was someone in the house pushing buttons?

Really sorry for your loss.

How can the prop get into the frame? Did the prop get ejected or did the camera rotate to an unconventional angle?

Im not thinking this, maybe what tab used but not wifi interference from an outside source or that could mean many many more coming down and i cant see it. really cant

How about an answer to the question about WiFi being upstairs?
What other kind of radio interference do you have going on there? Was someone in the house pushing buttons?

Really sorry for your loss.

WIFI upstairs? Nope. That's a false floor/attic area. Windows are for show, no go. Single story house w/basement

What is the status after you retrieved it. Motors all still spin? Will it still fly? How bad was the rest of the damage. Those gimbals are amazing technology from DJI, but very, very fragile and expensive. There are many videos out there of birds actually attacking the drones. You may have been close to a nest or something. Sure looked like you were higher than the roofline.

WIFI upstairs? Nope. That's a false floor/attic area. Windows are for show, no go. Single story house w/basement

Thanks,

How about a neighbor with a BB gun?

The fact that the four bolts holding the motor can be seen by the camera suggest the gimbal has swivelled a lot, or been hit from below, probably by a bird. If the gimbal jerked violently on its own (no contact) it could have unbalanced the quad causing the loss of control. My 2c.

Any of your neighbors a 'Ham Radio' operator?...such as myself.

I was thinking to a bird too but dalebb video shows a similar sudden flip caused by a motor going out. Strange on a brand new machine though...
Mine was new too, less than a month. I sent it back for refund.
also I put it on the kitchen table and let idle, I could hear the right rear motor going out of sync with the rest of the motors.

Last edited:
What is the status after you retrieved it. Motors all still spin? Will it still fly? How bad was the rest of the damage. Those gimbals are amazing technology from DJI, but very, very fragile and expensive. There are many videos out there of birds actually attacking the drones. You may have been close to a nest or something. Sure looked like you were higher than the roofline.

Motors won't fire up. Upon turning on power, it makes the 3 tone audio chirp and all the lights blink, but nothing from the sticks. Tablet says "No Connection". I just don't buy the bird strike scenario. My son didn't see a bird, and there would have been feathers flying around. Zero feathers found on site.

Thanks,

How about a neighbor with a BB gun?

That was one scenario I was thinking. Did you fly a lot around your house? Could the Phantom noise annoy some old ninja in your neighborhood? :) It looks so much like it takes some serious impact.

The manual has something about not flying close to smooth even surfaces. It may be that the sensors underneath take control when a surface is very close. A sloping roof might cause it to tilt suddenly.

Reactions: offthefront
How can the prop get into the frame? Did the prop get ejected or did the camera rotate to an unconventional angle?
You wouldn't be able to see the arm unless the camera became detached.
Is that a camera mounting point you can see too?
Definitely want to be checking the camera is well attached and put some small cable ties (loosely) through the mounts without pins.
The camera dropping down and dangling on cables would not be a good scenario.

Reactions: Brett_Meyer
That was one scenario I was thinking. Did you fly a lot around your house? Could the Phantom noise annoy some old ninja in your neighborhood? :) It looks so much like it takes some serious impact.

You're really going for a stretch here... a BB gun causing that much radical movement not possible. Now maybe a bean bag from a bazooka... We're on 10 acres with no immediate neighbors.

Reactions: IflyinWY

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl