Reaction score
Alright so heres what happened: Flying my drone near a pond and then I hit a tree then the drone falls into the pond (freshwater by the way). Drone is down in about 4.5 feet of water and i retrieve it covered in a small bit of seaweed and silt. I get it out go home and then let it dry out because i did not have a t20 bit a home (why would anyone have one) so the next day I open it up and flush it with 99% isopropyl alcohol and then dry it off with compressed air, and put it in front of a dehumidifier for a few days then i blew out some dirt from the motors. Back when I opened it up I noticed one of the capacitors were loose. The drone shut off before it hit the water (less than a second after hitting the tree) and when I pulled it out of the water, the battery was no where to be seen. I tried powering it up today and there was no sign of life but the capacitor is still loose. The capacitor is the one near the end of the battery which made me think maybe it wont turn on because of that. So if anyone has any idea, would this possibly have any life left in it? I've heard of a large amount of people recovering their drones after they went under water even if they are on. p.s. I used a second battery to try to power up the phantom. and there is heavy body damage. Impact was strong enough to shatter carbon fiber camera guard.

Alright so heres what happened: Flying my drone near a pond and then I hit a tree then the drone falls into the pond (freshwater by the way). Drone is down in about 4.5 feet of water and i retrieve it covered in a small bit of seaweed and silt. I get it out go home and then let it dry out because i did not have a t20 bit a home (why would anyone have one) so the next day I open it up and flush it with 99% isopropyl alcohol and then dry it off with compressed air, and put it in front of a dehumidifier for a few days then i blew out some dirt from the motors. Back when I opened it up I noticed one of the capacitors were loose. The drone shut off before it hit the water (less than a second after hitting the tree) and when I pulled it out of the water, the battery was no where to be seen. I tried powering it up today and there was no sign of life but the capacitor is still loose. The capacitor is the one near the end of the battery which made me think maybe it wont turn on because of that. So if anyone has any idea, would this possibly have any life left in it? I've heard of a large amount of people recovering their drones after they went under water even if they are on. p.s. I used a second battery to try to power up the phantom. and there is heavy body damage. Impact was strong enough to shatter carbon fiber camera guard.
Solder the cap back tight?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj